2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned the pair of them are in the hopeful punt category: two young players with a handful of games each in a poor league.

But Liverpool have got nearer the realistic value for such a player while Everton were mugged for £16M.
£12.6M

I know numbers are hard for some of us so I thought I would help

Even that is way over the top.

We'll never see that sort of fleecing again.
But it seems you didnt have much belief in your own argument if you had an "over the top" real number and thought "thats not enough to be effective, I should make up a higher one" Clearly you yourself dont see it as fleecing because you had to make up something more to get any attention.

But it seems you didnt have much belief in your own argument if you had an "over the top" real number and thought "thats not enough to be effective, I should make up a higher one" Clearly you yourself dont see it as fleecing because you had to make up something more to get any attention.
Is this code? I'm struggling to make sense of this.

I think Frank hates him yano. Was asked directly about Patterson having a chance to start the season with Coleman having an injury and directly turned it around to how he hopes Coleman can be fit to start the season and if not hopefully if necessary Patterson can come in.

Jeez, the lad should be starting anyway simply because Coleman is not good enough, injury or not!

I think Frank hates him yano. Was asked directly about Patterson having a chance to start the season with Coleman having an injury and directly turned it around to how he hopes Coleman can be fit to start the season and if not hopefully if necessary Patterson can come in.

Jeez, the lad should be starting anyway simply because Coleman is not good enough, injury or not!

He's not going to publicly chuck his captain under the bus a month before the season, is he?

He's not going to publicly chuck his captain under the bus a month before the season, is he?
Who says he should do that? When he's directly asked to comment on a young player's chances ahead of the season he could at least answer it and give the lad some confidence, rather than turn it around and make it look like he'll only have a chance if Seamus is injured.

I think a better answer would have been (to: "With Seamus injured does that give players like Patterson a chance ahead of the season?"): "Yes, absolutely. Of course we are hoping for Seamus to get back as soon as possible and we're hopeful he will be ready for the start of the season, but Nathan would have got his chance already last season barring injury, and we're very excited to have the opportunity for him to work alongside and learn from Seamus to give us great options at right back this season".

Who says he should do that? When he's directly asked to comment on a young player's chances ahead of the season he could at least answer it and give the lad some confidence, rather than turn it around and make it look like he'll only have a chance if Seamus is injured.

I think a better answer would have been (to: "With Seamus injured does that give players like Patterson a chance ahead of the season?"): "Yes, absolutely. Of course we are hoping for Seamus to get back as soon as possible and we're hopeful he will be ready for the start of the season, but Nathan would have got his chance already last season barring injury, and we're very excited to have the opportunity for him to work alongside and learn from Seamus to give us great options at right back this season".
Sure but it's not like Frank has to write a perfect public relations thesis every time he answers a question in each press conference ?

Patterson needs to show Frank what he can do over the next few weeks & grasp an opportunity or else it's another season with Seamus as rb. I would be concerned if Patterson doesn't start at least one of these 2 games in America.

There's a few links to people who can play RB or RWB this summer.

I think that speaks volumes as to how FL sees the likelihood of Coleman being eclipsed by Patterson.

I said since well before Kenny left that I dont think this manager is happy with what he inherited on the right side of defence, and although he respects Seamus and may think Patterson can do a job in the future as a RWB, I dont believe he's satisfied and will move again if the right player comes up for the right price.

There's a few links to people who can play RB or RWB this summer.

I think that speaks volumes as to how FL sees the likelihood of Coleman being eclipsed by Patterson.

I said since well before Kenny left that I dont think this manager is happy with what he inherited on the right side of defence, and although he respects Seamus and may think Patterson can do a job in the future as a RWB, I dont believe he's satisfied and will move again if the right player comes up for the right price.
I have not really seem anything that backs up your views on Patterson either way. He didn’t play last season because he was injured. There are plenty of commentators who think he has talent.

I know you have you have your own particular views on full backs that most just don’t share. Peak Baines was superb!

In terms of purchasing, I don’t think we will have any money to buy a third right back when the midfield is so desperate and we need more creativity up front. Personally I’ll reserve judgement on Patterson until I have watched him playing a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.