Confirmed Signing Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry... what? Please tell me this was poorly executed sarcasm

facepalm-icegif-4.gif

Kinell lad the length of that, can you give us bullet points

• Patterson good player already with the potential to be very good player.
  • Rangers arguably selling because they need to show a return on vast sums spent.
  • Everton read that Rangers may need to sell and tested our resolve having seen what we Rangers fans saw. Took the piss with a £5m offer (can't blame them it worked before with Jelavic).
  • Rangers held their nerve and demonstrated by selling no one after the gutting Champs League exit (short of the money round) and staying top by the January window that they are merely maintaining form away from retaining the title and attaining automatic Champs League place + £30m (big money to us).
  • Everton see we're a stone's throw away from needing to sell so up their offer to something sensible considering what they think they are getting with the resources they have.
  • Why do Rangers not play Patterson? - Tav is club captain, has outlasted 3 full managers, has far more experience and was/is regarded as a consistent top performer by many. To drop him for a talented young player (despite that player showing immediate signs of being a far better player than Tav ever has been) risks alsorts of bother and even if Patterson is everything we hope and more, he'll be away soon enough (£30m players don't play Scottish football).
  • How do we know he is worth what is paid? Well Tav was regarded as being the leagues top performing player and he gets injured leaving the biggest shoes to be filled by a boy we've heard things about, he slots right in like he's been there and done that in the highest pressure environment there is. Within single digit games justifiably earns a Scotland call up and demonstrated in 1 of our group games he's up to it and could be first choice.
  • He should be playing week in week out as a first team player picking up playing time growing, he cannot do that where Rangers have him, sub to a guy he has already proven capable of filling the shoes of. This has been troubling the fans all season.
  • Should Everton play him and stick with it, there's every reason to believe the boy will shake off his limited game time this season, and progress into a player which is a certain first teamer with a value of £30m within a couple of seasons and he'll be on the books aged 22.
I wish him and Everton all the best, I'll be watching.

A Scottish mate of mine thinks we're getting a bargain, which he's probably basing on Patterson's performances for Scotland.
I don’t follow Scottish football but my mates that do (both Celtic and rangers fans) have said he’s a good prospect. Some have maybe questioned whether he’ll be ready to step into a starting role though. Can see him and Coleman being rotated a bit.

• Patterson good player already with the potential to be very good player.
  • Rangers arguably selling because they need to show a return on vast sums spent.
  • Everton read that Rangers may need to sell and tested our resolve having seen what we Rangers fans saw. Took the piss with a £5m offer (can't blame them it worked before with Jelavic).
  • Rangers held their nerve and demonstrated by selling no one after the gutting Champs League exit (short of the money round) and staying top by the January window that they are merely maintaining form away from retaining the title and attaining automatic Champs League place + £30m (big money to us).
  • Everton see we're a stone's throw away from needing to sell so up their offer to something sensible considering what they think they are getting with the resources they have.
  • Why do Rangers not play Patterson? - Tav is club captain, has outlasted 3 full managers, has far more experience and was/is regarded as a consistent top performer by many. To drop him for a talented young player (despite that player showing immediate signs of being a far better player than Tav ever has been) risks alsorts of bother and even if Patterson is everything we hope and more, he'll be away soon enough (£30m players don't play Scottish football).
  • How do we know he is worth what is paid? Well Tav was regarded as being the leagues top performing player and he gets injured leaving the biggest shoes to be filled by a boy we've heard things about, he slots right in like he's been there and done that in the highest pressure environment there is. Within single digit games justifiably earns a Scotland call up and demonstrated in 1 of our group games he's up to it and could be first choice.
  • He should be playing week in week out as a first team player picking up playing time growing, he cannot do that where Rangers have him, sub to a guy he has already proven capable of filling the shoes of. This has been troubling the fans all season.
  • Should Everton play him and stick with it, there's every reason to believe the boy will shake off his limited game time this season, and progress into a player which is a certain first teamer with a value of £30m within a couple of seasons and he'll be on the books aged 22.
I wish him and Everton all the best, I'll be watching.
. Dave is already hating on him, which means he`ll be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.