My thoughts on the possible signing of Landon Donovan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it only me who belives a deal for the guy would pay for its self in USA exposure and if we were to add Dempsey to that ......

images

kind of 40+40 x 0 = 0 ;)

Actually, depending on the mathematical system employed, multiplying any real number by zero is either undefined, or results in +/- infinity.

I am being a big knobby nerd though. Soz.

Back on topic, I would very much like Landon to sign, please.

Actually, depending on the mathematical system employed, dividing any real number by zero is either undefined, or results in +/- infinity.

I am being a big knobby nerd though. Soz.

Back on topic, I would very much like Landon to sign, please.

there is no division in that sum sorry

His contract runs for one more season after this current one, which due to the crazy MLS scheduling means that is concluded sometime in November of 2013. I tend to believe the MLS would accept a 'reasonable' offer for Landon, no reason why they won't. He is signaling he would like to play for the Toffee's, if the MLS didn't accept anything for him they'll end up losing him for nothing.

Bottom line is I want to see Landon go to Everton permanently, one way or another.

Originally Posted by EFC NY
LA Galaxy aren't even one of the top 100 names in sports in USA. Barely a blip in the radar. Otherwise, I agree with most of what you said.

thank you i thought the same thing to my self

I was speaking objectively from a British point of view. If you strip away the obvious NFL, NBA,MLB team franchise names , when ti come to football per say, only TWO names really stick out in the minds of people here in the U.K when it comes to "American Soccer" ; New York Red Bulls & L.A Galaxy and that is purely down to the likes of Beckham and Tierry Henry. :(

thank you i thought the same thing to my self

Originally Posted by EFC NY
LA Galaxy aren't even one of the top 100 names in sports in USA. Barely a blip in the radar. Otherwise, I agree with most of what you said.

I was speaking objectively from a British point of view. If you strip away the obvious NFL, NBA,MLB team franchise names , when ti come to football per say, only TWO names really stick out in the minds of people here in the U.K when it comes to "American Soccer" ; New York Red Bulls & L.A Galaxy and that is purely down to the likes of Beckham and Tierry Henry. :(

Fair enough. What is interesting is that those two clubs probably have the most national (in USA) profile of the MLS clubs, and the highest profile in the UK (i'll take your word for it), but locally, the Pacific Northwest teams have the most intense local profile and fan interest (Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, Vancouver Whitecaps). Much of this is due to the relative lack of competition from our major sports, and better grass roots fan development. In short, the Sounders, Timbers and Whitecaps are MUCH more important in their cities than the Galaxy and RBs are in LA and NY, even though no one nationally or internationally are aware of their existence.

Switching gears a little, the likes of Man United, Barca and RM are probably more famous and high profile in the USA than both the Galaxy and Red Bulls. The aforementioned Euro clubs definately receive more pub from our national media, and from the public at large. This goes to part of the problem for MLS. Many soccer fans think its uncool to follow MLS, and that "real" soccer fans follow EPL, La Liga, etc. Not all, mind you, but many.

Status
Not open for further replies.