My hero Terry....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it wasn't the 1-0 game, David Johnson scoring the only goal. Terry man-marked Best that night and, while George barely had a kick, Terry certainly got quite a few in!

As everyone has said, Terry was a 100% committed player, a tough tackler, but underrated as a footballer - he could whip in lovely curling crosses from the right, for instance. Like the rest of his generation he suffered in comparison to the great players that made up the 1970 team: as a young midfield player he couldn't possibly live up the standards of the Holy Trinity, and as a right-back the comparisons were with Tommy Wright. For me he played his best football under Gordon Lee.

My best wishes to Terry and his family.
Humble apologies @BigMick, my response to your post was intended to be a big thumbs up 'Like' and I hit the wrong symbol and made it appear I was rubbishing your comment.
Sorry for the seemingly incorrect gesture to your fine sentiments.
Jeez, I must stop sniffing this scouring powder and get back on the Old Scruttocks Home Cured Bunion Paste Whisky.

Just found out sadly he is not too well at all and in hospital,sent a goodwill message to his niece on another Everton platform and gave the best wishes of the GOT community,hope you all didn't mind.:(

One of my neighbours is a close family member of Terry’s… he gave a load of old programmes a while back and inside one was a personal message Terry had written for my neighbour Jimmy and his wife Janice.. I did return this to him as I thought it should stay with him.

Heard today that although still in hospital, Terry is feeling better in himself and his famous sense of humour is back!!, thought you good people would like to know:)
Hi Dario, for some strange reason I've only just noticed this thread, made up he's recovering well, tough tackling Terry was always one of my favourites, he'd be a stand out if he was playing amongst our current shower.

Hi Dario, for some strange reason I've only just noticed this thread, made up he's recovering well, tough tackling Terry was always one of my favourites, he'd be a stand out if he was playing amongst our current shower.
Spot on mate, someone on here described him as a 1970's version of Hibbo,yeah maybe not the greatest, but they'd put their necks on the line for this club, oh for some of that these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.