Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. And the irony is that all the nuggets loving a player called Muhammad are the same ones hating on Islam in the Paris threads.

WHAT????
I wasn't going to go there but you're so right. Typical double standards applied all over the place were Besic is concerned, all boils down to doing one pirouette in a friendly a year and a half ago.

I'd love to remember who the poster was who got all upset with me when I laughed because he said he'd be a £20m player at the end of last season. The the daft Kopite clone said that after a twenty minute cameo against a Spanish team who'd played their second game in 24hrs. He's lived off that game long enough though.

Sadly when he moves on this summer we'll likely have to take a loss on him unless Bosnia get to France.
What a strange troll fest I've stumbled into

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Obviously Bosnia haven't qualified yet and then I suppose he's not going to get picked for them if he can't even get a game for us.

Who'd you see him displacing in our midfield?

He starts every game for Bosnia when he is fit/available, and has been one of their most consistent and best performers for the last year. He didn't play last night as he was suspended, but will most likely be back in for Monday's game.

He hasn't played much this season as he has been injured. Pure and simple. When he's been fit he's been in the squad (3 games) and started in two of those (Barnsley - 120 mins/Chelsea - 5 mins).

At the moment, he's very good back up for the holding midfield role. And he is third choice behind McCarthy and Barry. Cleverley will fill in whereever needed.

He starts every game for Bosnia when he is fit/available, and has been one of their most consistent and best performers for the last year. He didn't play last night as he was suspended, but will most likely be back in for Monday's game.

He hasn't played much this season as he has been injured. Pure and simple. When he's been fit he's been in the squad (3 games) and started in two of those (Barnsley - 120 mins/Chelsea - 5 mins).

At the moment, he's very good back up for the holding midfield role. And he is third choice behind McCarthy and Barry. Cleverley will fill in whereever needed.

So if he's 3rd or 4th choice (excluding a fit Gibson) is he really going to hang around? Surely at 23 he should be looking to be 1st choice if he's as good as people make out.

I know he's been injured this season but he's unlikely to have featured much even if he was fighting fit was he. It's getting to make or break time for him. Push on or push off really for the good of his career.

So if he's 3rd or 4th choice (excluding a fit Gibson) is he really going to hang around? Surely at 23 he should be looking to be 1st choice if he's as good as people make out.

I know he's been injured this season but he's unlikely to have featured much even if he was fighting fit was he. It's getting to make or break time for him. Push on or push off really for the good of his career.

He's only just 23, and it's just a matter of maintaining his development now. There really is no great rush. Holding midfielders often play until they are 34/35 at a top level comfortably (look at Barry).

Besic has a long way to go, and if the situation is similar this time next year then he may look to leave. But until then, he's a strong squad player who could well develop into a key player - and he will get his chance to do so.

How anyone feels themselves in a position to pass a conclusive opinion on Besic on the basis of just a handful of matches played and brief cameos defeats me.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that he has shown some good things, not least in the piece of play that led to him picking up the injury against Chelsea -- in which he did something I don't think I've ever seen from either Barry or McCarthy, in that he played a ball forward and immediately set off quickly into the opposition half to be forward enough to receive the ball back. In fact I think he was the most advanced Everton player on the park at that point.

But no I'm not saying he'll make it. I have simply not -- and nor has anybody else on this site -- seen enough of the lad to make any judgement.

I seem to recall Trevor Steven doing it a few times. Not the really extravagant poseur type of stepover, but genuine shuffles over the top of the ball designed to get the defender off balance.

Never for show though was it. Tricky trev was a born winner none of this Deulofeu 7 or 8 step overs for the Facebook kids.

I'd also imagine Phil Neville could do a better one than Sheeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.