Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd keep him around but I reckon he might generate some interest if he does okay, obviously it's not really worked out for him so far here.

How have you gathered that? He played a lot more than most people (and I reckon even RM and himself) reckoned he would last season. He got injured first game of pre-season this summer and the first game he was fit for, he played 120 minutes. He then started a massive game at home against the champions and unfortunately got injured. Since then he hasn't been fit and has only returned to training two weeks ago.

C'mon Dougie, you're making this up.

How have you gathered that? He played a lot more than most people (and I reckon even RM and himself) reckoned he would last season. He got injured first game of pre-season this summer and the first game he was fit for, he played 120 minutes. He then started a massive game at home against the champions and unfortunately got injured. Since then he hasn't been fit and has only returned to training two weeks ago.

C'mon Dougie, you're making this up.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Obviously Bosnia haven't qualified yet and then I suppose he's not going to get picked for them if he can't even get a game for us.

Who'd you see him displacing in our midfield?

I think McCarthy has proven that he is the man for that position. Can you see Besic taking out Payet like that? No way the Bosnian shithouse.

If trade him for a promising youth player from a French or Belgian club personally.

He could really put himself in the shop window next summer if he does well at the Euros.
I agree. I like what I've seen from Besic since joining the club: he's versatile; determined; tenacious; signs of some good ability on the ball.

Yes he's young and obviously still has aspects to learn and develop, especially his rashness (temper), but he's clearly a good prospect.

He's even developed a bit of a cult following here. However, I do worry that other clubs may be able to tempt him away come the summer.

As @BlueToff rightly mentioned he's been unfortunate with injuries which hasn't helped, yet I still think he'll struggle to oust other players.

Barry pretty much plays regardless of who we're playing or how he's playing. McCarthy seems to be falling into this bracket as well this season.

I'm confident it'll be hard to oust either of these players in the considerable players. Maybe he'll believe it's easier to move on for game time.

Some may argue that he should be patient and he'll gain a position. Is that guaranteed? If so, when? He's 23 and I'm sure he wants to play.

It's really in Martinez's ballpark down to decide whether he should be playing more, or we may end up losing him as I'm sure others are interested.

I think McCarthy has proven that he is the man for that position. Can you see Besic taking out Payet like that? No way the Bosnian shithouse.

If trade him for a promising youth player from a French or Belgian club personally.

He's a poster boy for what's wrong with generation FIFA, all tatts and moody selfies, the reality is he produces very little on the football pitch and that's why he doesn't get much game time. Most of these players get idolised because of a persona instilled on them by Soccer AM beuts like Mat Rushden and the like, "look at this fellas knuckle duster tatt bet he's a nutter a proper hardman". No top level midfielder should get the run around like he did against Barnsley without ever laying a glove on league 1 opposition.

He's a poster boy for what's wrong with generation FIFA, all tatts and moody selfies, the reality is he produces very little on the football pitch and that's why he doesn't get much game time. Most of these players get idolised because of a persona instilled on them by Soccer AM beuts like Mat Rushden and the like, "look at this fellas knuckle duster tatt bet he's a nutter a proper hardman". No top level midfielder should get the run around like he did against Barnsley without ever laying a glove on league 1 opposition.
Yep. And the irony is that all the nuggets loving a player called Muhammad are the same ones hating on Islam in the Paris threads.

WHAT????

Yep. And the irony is that all the nuggets loving a player called Muhammad are the same ones hating on Islam in the Paris threads.

WHAT????

I wasn't going to go there but you're so right. Typical double standards applied all over the place were Besic is concerned, all boils down to doing one pirouette in a friendly a year and a half ago.

I'd love to remember who the poster was who got all upset with me when I laughed because he said he'd be a £20m player at the end of last season. The the daft Kopite clone said that after a twenty minute cameo against a Spanish team who'd played their second game in 24hrs. He's lived off that game long enough though.

Sadly when he moves on this summer we'll likely have to take a loss on him unless Bosnia get to France.

I wasn't going to go there but you're so right. Typical double standards applied all over the place were Besic is concerned, all boils down to doing one pirouette in a friendly a year and a half ago.

I'd love to remember who the poster was who got all upset with me when I laughed because he said he'd be a £20m player at the end of last season. The the daft Kopite clone said that after a twenty minute cameo against a Spanish team who'd played their second game in 24hrs. He's lived off that game long enough though.

Sadly when he moves on this summer we'll likely have to take a loss on him unless Bosnia get to France.
Wise words as ever Dougie. Thankfully we have still some blues like you who watch the actual football and not the stepovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.