Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Saint Domingo I agree which pretty much all of that to a point. Unless we're playing against a difficult team, Barry shouldn't be a regular option.

He has his benefits in certain circumstances, but overall the partnership of him and McCarthy is far too negative: confuses and slows play down.

I'm yet to be convinced that Besic is quality as some many mention, however from what I've seen he seems a good prospect defensively.

Attacking wise I'd say he's appeared pretty limited; it is somewhere he needs to develop, or at least given the chance to explore this side more.

A partnership of McCarthy or Besic as the defensive midfielder, with Barkley next to him to be creative, would be much more dynamic for our play.

Dropping McCarthy for Besic just seems slightly naive. James has engine on him, breaks up play, determined and can also push forward.

It's one or the other in most cases. That's still better than him being behind Barry as it appears that he'll never be benched regardless.

That's obviously reliant on a good number ten playing if Barkley is played further back, with the job be the lynch pin between the front and middle.

Just throwing this out there - in his career he's played CB before hasn't he?

Maybe he could do a job for us there if it's a position he's comfortable in.
Thought the same. He's a talented player. Give him a shot if Stones is off. Can't be worse than throwing an untested youngster in there.

Thought the same. He's a talented player. Give him a shot if Stones is off. Can't be worse than throwing an untested youngster in there.
I'm not suggesting we play players out of position, but if he's played there before then it's not really out of position is it?

@MoutsGoat - approve?

I'm not suggesting we play players out of position, but if he's played there before then it's not really out of position is it?

@MoutsGoat - approve?
technically he more of a center half then a midfielder but i think he'd struggle a bit in premier league football.

would be sound for tonight though i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.