Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would start him against Arsenal, and Barry against Chelsea.
I think we should go 4-3-3 against Arsenal since it worked so well last time.
Barry
McCarthy Besic
Lukaku Naismith Mirallas​

Not sure if Martinez will throw Besic right into a starting role this soon though, against Arsenal no less. I'm very eager to see him though.

I think we should go 4-3-3 against Arsenal since it worked so well last time.
Barry
McCarthy Besic
Lukaku Naismith Mirallas​

Not sure if Martinez will throw Besic right into a starting role this soon though, against Arsenal no less. I'm very eager to see him though.

As we all are. It's a good team, one which is capable of causing some damage against them, but we'll have to be better defending corners against big Per. Unless Nacho plays I wouldn't play Romelu on the wing.

As we all are. It's a good team, one which is capable of causing some damage against them, but we'll have to be better defending corners against big Per. Unless Nacho plays I wouldn't play Romelu on the wing.

Monreal will start as gibbs is out for 3 months, be intresting to watch this saturday this one, they'll feel they owe us one, we feel we are better than them, hopefull bobby can get one over on moaning arse again, seeing as though he tactially destroyed him 4 months ago

Monreal will start as gibbs is out for 3 months, be intresting to watch this saturday this one, they'll feel they owe us one, we feel we are better than them, hopefull bobby can get one over on moaning arse again, seeing as though he tactially destroyed him 4 months ago

On paper their midfield is up there with the best of them, need to keep Sanchez and Cazorla quiet but we can definitely do them. In fact, I expect to beat them at home.

Pienaar has to start w/ Baines though...

Their right side has known each other for about 2 minutes (Debuchy & Sanchez), our 2 will have them all over the shop - Debuchy plays too far forward & has no real pace, so will be easy to get in behind down that flank.

Naismith unfortunately should be dropped and have Besic on to deal with Ramsey / Ozil & Mirallas to mess with Monreal and Lukaku up top.

Their right side has known each other for about 2 minutes (Debuchy & Sanchez), our 2 will have them all over the shop - Debuchy plays too far forward & has no real pace, so will be easy to get in behind down that flank.

Naismith unfortunately should be dropped and have Besic on to deal with Ramsey / Ozil & Mirallas to mess with Monreal and Lukaku up top.
Fair point about Pienaar, it would be harsh to drop Naismith though, he's in form and he demolished them last time around. Mirallas always shows up for these as well, and if we do play Naismith, Pienaar, and Lukaku we need another pacey player. Honestly I think I would rather drop Lukaku and bring him on for Naismith around the 60 minute mark.

The fact that we're having a selection headache even without Barkley is pretty nice to be honest.

Fair point about Pienaar, it would be harsh to drop Naismith though, he's in form and he demolished them last time around. Mirallas always shows up for these as well, and if we do play Naismith, Pienaar, and Lukaku we need another pacey player. Honestly I think I would rather drop Lukaku and bring him on for Naismith around the 60 minute mark.

The fact that we're having a selection headache even without Barkley is pretty nice to be honest.

Totally forgotten about McGeady as well... Doesn't really deserve to be dropped either...

Might have to be Barry left out for Besic - we could do with the extra pace and just properly have a go rather than having Barry sitting static in front of the back 4.

Totally forgotten about McGeady as well... Doesn't really deserve to be dropped either...

Might have to be Barry left out for Besic - we could do with the extra pace and just properly have a go rather than having Barry sitting static in front of the back 4.

I think it'll just be Coleman in for Stones.

Who cares about them?

This is Besic we're talking about. Besic.

Remember debuchy playing for the barcodes when we routed them 1st half at goodison last year he was all over the show, hopefully repeat performance

If we're playing 4-3-3 again then I'd like to see Besic involved while Barkley is out. He should've been the man to come on for Pienaar today IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.