2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be moved on still sadly.
Yes, I feel this will happen. But at least you now have time to prepare your emotional state for that apparent inevitability. Last night's shock , then recovery, has been like a vaccination shot, providing you some immunity to debilitating emotional turmoil around Mo's impending departure. You now have time to prepare yourself for that...church?, counselling? meditation?.
Whatever, I'm made up that, however temporary, last night, via Mo's reprieve, you experienced the feeling of true, unabashed joy.

Unless his quality of life is going to severely drop I don't understand why he didn't want to go. You are a footballer, go and play football for heaven's sake. What a waste of a career hanging around when you are unlikely to play.

In all my years not once have I had a pop at a player for putting their needs first, im certainly not gonna start with Mo.

People do what is best for THEM.
'needs'. He's a multi millionaire who would be able to live a life of extreme luxury if he was to retire tomorrow. His family is financially sound for generations to come.

Indeed he can extend his wealth and continue to play football by accepting a slightly lower wage and joining a club where he will actually get on the pitch. That is, of course, if he's interested in playing football.

Unfortunately he's in a perfect position where he is totally within his rights to act as a mercinary and simply refuse a move if a similar contract offer is not presented to him. Why accept 4.5m over the next 3 years at, say, Middlesbrough, when he can pick up 6m by sitting in the Everton reserves until 2021? Big problem in modern football.

That all said, he's always struck me as a professional and decent guy, so perhaps it was a different issue that led to his move collapsing. I hope so. Fingers crossed he gets the move that would benefit everybody.

Wasn't it his agent's fees that scuppered a deal? He seemed to genuinely enjoy playing for Middlesbrough so I'm surprised a deal wasn't done. Will probably move on loan now with the option to buy

Wasn't it his agent's fees that scuppered a deal? He seemed to genuinely enjoy playing for Middlesbrough so I'm surprised a deal wasn't done. Will probably move on loan now with the option to buy

He should get rid of his agent if he scuppered the move. For his career sake he really should have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.