Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would he walk away now after assembling our best team in years and looking like we will be back in the europa league at least?

best team was in 2008.

howard, baines, lescott, jagielka, Neville, Pienaar, fellaini, arteta, osman, cahill, saha.

bench
Ruddy, yobo, Rodwell,hibbert. yakubu, anichebe, Gosling.

average age of the team was around 26, most of the players were approaching or were at their peak

best team was in 2008.

howard, baines, lescott, jagielka, Neville, Pienaar, fellaini, arteta, osman, cahill, saha.

bench

average age of the team was around 26, most of the players were approaching or were at their peak

vs

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Coleman, Pienaar, Osman, Gibson, Mirallas, Fellaini, Jelavic.

Know which XI I'd take.

Neville would probably take temp charge with chance of being permanent depending on results if moyes was to leave on the back of a good season (job offers) , moyes holds all the cards whatever happens

vs

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Coleman, Pienaar, Osman, Gibson, Mirallas, Fellaini, Jelavic.

Know which XI I'd take.

the team in 2008 jags-lescott second best defensive partnership at the time behind rio and vidic.
arteta one of the best creative Dms in the league, cahill when he was netting 10 goals a season and a few assists and when saha was getting goals and we had a lot more squad depth, check out the bench.

the team we have now may be good but one injury to jelavic or gibson ruins the whole team

10 years is a very long time at any club. If I was the CEO I would offer Moyes a rolling one year very well paid contract and that contract is conditional upon ensuring that the club have a management succession plan in place, each year with input from Moyes if that days comes.

wtf.. this is actually a genuinely good idea..

Untill you utter the words Phil Neville.

The CL qualifying team was the best under Moyes untill another team beats or equals that.

that team never qualified for the CL though did it, didnt even qualify for the ueaf cup. there was no european football that season even tho we got 4th.

its like saying england played in euro2008 because they played in the qualifiers.

that team never qualified for the CL though did it, didnt even qualify for the ueaf cup. there was no european football that season even tho we got 4th.

its like saying england played in euro2008 because they played in the qualifiers.

You could argue it was a different team after making signings, depends on your point of view whether its a perlimary round or qualifying round - still a remarkable achievement.

The team to finish highest in the league was the 2004-05 team, the team to come closest to a trophy was the 2008-09 vintage.

The team to earn the most points was 2007-08. Most goals was 2009-10. Best football so far is this year.

We've had some good players and good teams under Moyes. Summerskin's right that we have nothing to show for it, though.

best team was in 2008.

bench

Baines wasn't the player then he is now, same with Fellaini and Jags, all 3 of these have improved massively since then, especially Fellaini. Osman is at his peak now as well, he never even got a game in centre mid becuase he was too lightweight back then, now he's first choice there

Give me our current team over that anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.