Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am begining to get a little worried that we havnt tied him down - his comments are doing less to encourage me.

If we have a good season and we seem on for one, he could be low hanging fruit for some other clubs.

Sort it Bill.

If David Moyes didn't sign another contract,where would he go ?
I don't for one second believe that would get the jobs at Utd,City ,Chelsea or Arsenal.
Most of the other biggish clubs like Villa and Sunderland have recently appointed new managers.
If AVB proves totally unsuccessful at Spurs and they are forced to get rid of him,I could see them playing safe next time and appointing somebody like Moyes,but really there are very few suitable clubs available.
He has built upa very good squad of players at Everton ,he has a chairman that supports him through good times and bad.
Moyes seems to be in complete control at the club and in general he seems to be given all the money can generate or afford for transfers and od fourse he is on a reported 65k per week which puts him in the top echelon of earners.

Am begining to get a little worried that we havnt tied him down - his comments are doing less to encourage me.

If we have a good season and we seem on for one, he could be low hanging fruit for some other clubs.

Sort it Bill.

If Moyes stalls the talks (?) maybe board are forced to loosen up their wallets in order to keep him.
Dunno, ideal situation would be that board would give/provide him funds and sign him up.

If David Moyes didn't sign another contract,where would he go ?
I don't for one second believe that would get the jobs at Utd,City ,Chelsea or Arsenal.
Most of the other biggish clubs like Villa and Sunderland have recently appointed new managers.
If AVB proves totally unsuccessful at Spurs and they are forced to get rid of him,I could see them playing safe next time and appointing somebody like Moyes,but really there are very few suitable clubs available.
He has built upa very good squad of players at Everton ,he has a chairman that supports him through good times and bad.
Moyes seems to be in complete control at the club and in general he seems to be given all the money can generate or afford for transfers and od fourse he is on a reported 65k per week which puts him in the top echelon of earners.

If he leaves Everton, he'll leave England, imo. He's had offers from spain, before.

Its win/win for him at the mo - tremendous leverage on negotiating a new contract, while i doubt many PL clubs wouldnt look at him with appeal, given what he can do when given "limited" resources" - he can stretch a pound.

Hes also proving given the opurtunity he can get a team playing good stuff. I can see this going to wire if im honest.

Its win/win for him at the mo - tremendous leverage on negotiating a new contract, while i doubt many PL clubs wouldnt look at him with appeal, given what he can do when given "limited" resources" - he can stretch a pound.

Hes also proving given the opurtunity he can get a team playing good stuff. I can see this going to wire if im honest.

do you think he is leaving?

I think he'll posture & use his contract as a bargaining chip for funds from Kenwright. He knows the new TV deal kicks in next season & he'll want to ensure that he gets to use a decent portion of the increase to strengthen his side.

I can't see a job out there for him, that's better than the one he's got tbh & I'm sure privately he'll have the same view.

do you think he is leaving?

I think he is keeping his options open as his stock is rising and the club are putting themselves at risk of pulling another Gosling.

The moves during the summer were interesting, Lambert, AVB and Rodgers - looked appealing to the likes of Villa, Norway and Spurs - id rate Moyes above them all if im honest.

I think he'll posture & use his contract as a bargaining chip for funds from Kenwright. He knows the new TV deal kicks in next season & he'll want to ensure that he gets to use a decent portion of the increase to strengthen his side.

I can't see a job out there for him, that's better than the one he's got tbh & I'm sure privately he'll have the same view.

my thoughts exactly mate

why would he walk away now after assembling our best team in years and looking like we will be back in the europa league at least?

10 years is a very long time at any club. If I was the CEO I would offer Moyes a rolling one year very well paid contract and that contract is conditional upon ensuring that the club have a management succession plan in place, each year with input from Moyes if that days comes.

10 years is a very long time at any club. If I was the CEO I would offer Moyes a rolling one year very well paid contract and that contract is conditional upon ensuring that the club have a management succession plan in place, each year with input from Moyes if that days comes.

wtf.. this is actually a genuinely good idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.