Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...why isn't this on the next manager thread. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Frustrating, where are the thread police. Frustrating going from one read to another on an associated subject.

We're sleeping ffs

Anyway. There is no reason to not beleive this, and it backs up another two rumours I've heard.

But, it'd be nice if the op told us how he knows this.

...I've said it before on here that a key competency for any new manager will be wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. This means a commitment to take in a load of games and the ability to spot a bargain. Any internal appointee would not be able to demonstrate that skill and it would be an enormous gamble to go down that route. Its fine and dandy having continuity and keeping things as is but what happens if the new guy is a duffer when it comes to recognising a player.

This x1000! We have no money and by that I mean a stable annual income, the team at the moment is decent but ageing. In the next 2-3 years alot of players will need to be replaced, some will leave. If we don't have someone who can pick up GOOD players for a bargain price I'm afraid we will plummet. In this case I have to give Moyes credit because even though he was at times very dour he was on the whole very good at finding players. There is no way we'll stay top 6 never mind move to the next level without someone with this capacity.

Not quite. Also include the media. Plus high-end managers, players & investors looking for new clubs and about 20% of our fanbase.

hi-res-158762868_display_image.jpg

This x1000! We have no money and by that I mean a stable annual income, the team at the moment is decent but ageing. In the next 2-3 years alot of players will need to be replaced, some will leave. If we don't have someone who can pick up GOOD players for a bargain price I'm afraid we will plummet. In this case I have to give Moyes credit because even though he was at times very dour he was on the whole very good at finding players. There is no way we'll stay top 6 never mind move to the next level without someone with this capacity.
So who fits this bill best? Is is Martinez?

It still all points to Martinez to me. I'm sure Kenwright has given the internals an opportunity to have an interview for the role this week, but will speak to external candidates as soon as the PL season has finished. The fact that there's only 1 current PL manager in the frame, makes it Martinez by default. Only a poor interview will save us from him now imo.

What's happening here is the journos are getting the info off the forums, and not the forums off the papers.
Plainly speaking these Neville, Weir, Stubbs, rumours start here,and many a poster is acutely aware of it,and that's why they post them.
Given that a close family relative of mine is indeed a freelance journalist, you can take this as a given.

It still all points to Martinez to me. I'm sure Kenwright has given the internals an opportunity to have an interview for the role this week, but will speak to external candidates as soon as the PL season has finished. The fact that there's only 1 current PL manager in the frame, makes it Martinez by default. Only a poor interview will save us from him now imo.

Phil Neville CANNOT manage us he does not have all the FA coaching badges , has one more to do

I think your probably right but the question is as well who will accept the imposition of internal staff to their backroom ? As it seems that the club at least see this as desirable ? I suspect Martinez might (given his assistant may well have a chance for the Wigan Job) might be happy but surely most managers would want their own staff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.