• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people need to take there head out of the sand here big time

We are dealing with Bill Kenwright ffs, Do you think hes going to search the globe for a new manager or pick someone from within the club to save money, Its either that or Martinez of that I have no doubt

I'd rather Neville than Martinez. Not even close. I personally think Neville has the potential to be a good manager.

I agree, Neville knows what the clubs about also. I just think the transition from player to manager at the same club might be a tough ask. Having to disconnect from your old teammates is probably harder than it sounds

...I've said it before on here that a key competency for any new manager will be wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. This means a commitment to take in a load of games and the ability to spot a bargain. Any internal appointee would not be able to demonstrate that skill and it would be an enormous gamble to go down that route. Its fine and dandy having continuity and keeping things as is but what happens if the new guy is a duffer when it comes to recognising a player.

The ONLY person i would consider from backroom staff is Duncan, I don't think he's ready yet but he's the only one i would / could accept.

...why isn't this on the next manager thread. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Frustrating, where are the thread police. Frustrating going from one read to another on an associated subject.

Please not Neville, the man thinks 10th is a fantastic achievement for Everton football club.

Exactly. Neville is the one appointment that would have me seriously p*ssed off.

I want, no I say we need, a little bundle of Ginger fun from Glasgow!

Christ man, that's not silly...spending that on a manager is the wisest possible use of 10m.

Or would you rather we give that money out for a player? A Billy or a Yak, maybe?

As per spudmuncher.

Laudrup doesn't stay anywhere long....1-2 yrs down the line we're doing this all over again.
Plenty of managers have been relegated and gone on to better things.

these rules aren't relevant, as Klopp is the exception that proves the rule.

It's like saying let's employ any old Championship-league manager, as Moyes turned out well.

Or should we seek to employ other relegated managers based on the Klopp-rule? Alex McLeish, Steve Bruce, Owen Coyle, Mick McCarthy, Ian Dowie...these have also got their clubs relegated.

Owen Coyle was even praised for his style of football, just like Martinez and Klopp. Let's get him then. Be well cheap too.

Brian Clough......Joe Royle.....Jurgen Klopp.......exceptions to the exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.