• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaled%20table%20copy.jpg.opt438x877o0%2C0s438x877.jpg

Finishing 6th is soooooo easy, thats why every Club does it.

It's not mate and moyes deserves respect for that but it seems to be that some act (it's all over this thread ) as if he's the greatest manager we've ever had and Howard Kendall for example is rubbished for whatever personal reasons . It just seems mad to me .

Cheers mate but of the 6 teams the other poster mentioned pay more than 50% more wages than us we're beneath 5 of them . Thats what I mean he's done sell and that certainly helps illustrate it but that's not enough we have to talk about 6 teams spending more than 50% (it's actually 100% isn't it ?) we are beneath all but one.

It's not mate and moyes deserves respect for that but it seems to be that some act (it's all over this thread ) as if he's the greatest manager we've ever had and Howard Kendall for example is rubbished for whatever personal reasons . It just seems mad to me .

Nobody is rubbishing Kendall, hes the greatest Manager we ever had, the first time.

But everybody rubbishes Moyes, to do what he did, with the spending, was remarkable, yes he won fck all, which has clearly tainted his time here. I guess we see next Season if money was holding him back and if a new Manager can take us further than he could.

With respect we aren't MOYES FC mate.

Why do we have to be Moyes FC if we carry on and try and build on what he has done for us???

People are acting like small children over this. Moyes has gone boo whooo...doesn't mean out of principle his work can't be built on!!

Cheers mate but of the 6 teams the other poster mentioned pay more than 50% more wages than us we're beneath 5 of them . Thats what I mean he's done sell and that certainly helps illustrate it but that's not enough we have to talk about 6 teams spending more than 50% (it's actually 100% isn't it ?) we are beneath all but one.

Well no, Villa, Rs, QPR, Newcastle and Sunderland and lets not forgot the "net spend".

Nobody is rubbishing Kendall, hes the greatest Manager we ever had, the first time.

But everybody rubbishes Moyes, to do what he did, with the spending, was remarkable, yes he won fck all, which has clearly tainted his time here. I guess we see next Season if money was holding him back and if a new Manager can take us further than he could.

People do rubbish Howard mate , little sly digs about drinking and people also talk of moyes as 'our best ever' . I think it's only fair to give moyes the time at united to see how he does and the same for our new manager . The next couple of season will certainly show us how much talent he really had at the 'very top ' level and for our new bloke whether moyes can ever be replaced.

The way it's happened though with him moving on and us not wrbe got blues acting like jilted boyfriends looking back through old photos , listening to ansaphone messages and telling everyone how "no one will ever be as good as Davy, without him I'm nothing " . Its Just all a bit maudlin for me that's all .

Good things about Martinez:

1. The way he conducts himself is in a manner befitting of an Everton manager.
- There are no jibes calling other teams "small clubs", he doesn't publicly berate his players, he talks positively and conducts himself well and with dignity.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics.
- Except for the Stoke 3 at the back, Moyes had two plans; Plan A, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini behind the striker. And Plan B, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini dropped deep. Martinez has shown a willingness to mix things up, utilising a 4-3-3 at Swansea, as well as Wigan, then implementing the 3-4-3 and the 5-3-2.

3. He has won a major trophy.
- To win the FA Cup with a team of Wigan's stature is a fantastic achievement.

4. He tries to play attacking football.
- I think we can all appreciate that the League title is well beyond our reach, so why not enjoy watching football again? Some of Everton's attacking play under Moyes was sublime, but all too often he then quickly resorted to caution to defend a one goal lead. I'd like to see Martinez authorise an all out attacking mentality with players we have.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience.
- Although I would happily welcome Pereira, the fact that Martinez knows the Premier League inside out would be an advantage.

6. He has one year left on his deal, so compensation would not be massive.
- I personally wanted Laudrup, but spending close to £10m on a manager would be silly given our finances.

Anyway, I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any more reasons.

Good post. No histrionics, no bigging-up someone you've just heard of this week for the first time and a set of facts that are straightforward.

I really don't understand the negative comments about Martinez when the likes of Hughes, MacKay and Poyet are being suggested. He ticks a lot of boxes and will clearly have a better all round group of players to work with. I reckon he'll build on the solid platform we have and make us better to watch week-in, week-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.