Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quickly, if we were convinced of anyone 'matching moyes league form' then they'd be hired and tucked into their new finch farm office already. They conceded 70 goals because of terrible luck with injuries to their defence and that Wigan are full of shoite players, same as any club that size that finds itself in the prem. There's so many reasons why Martinez is a strong candidate and I really haven't seen any well thought out reasons against him.
Eh?

What are the strong reasons? I have asked on several occasions in this thread - "what is good about him?" but never once had a reply.

Eh?

What are the strong reasons? I have asked on several occasions in this thread - "what is good about him?" but never once had a reply.

He has a fancy foreign name and more and more teams are copying his 3 at the back formation.

When Moyes came in, the remit was to get us to a safe place in the table.

What 'SHOULD BE' the remit of the new coach?

Because that answers the 'who we SHOULD be looking for' question.

When Moyes came in, the remit was to get us to a safe place in the table.

What 'SHOULD BE' the remit of the new coach?

Keep us there.

A logical person would suggest a rookie boss who has never managed a club in his life before would not be the person to do that.

Eh?

Good things about Martinez:

1. The way he conducts himself is in a manner befitting of an Everton manager.
- There are no jibes calling other teams "small clubs", he doesn't publicly berate his players, he talks positively and conducts himself well and with dignity.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics.
- Except for the Stoke 3 at the back, Moyes had two plans; Plan A, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini behind the striker. And Plan B, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini dropped deep. Martinez has shown a willingness to mix things up, utilising a 4-3-3 at Swansea, as well as Wigan, then implementing the 3-4-3 and the 5-3-2.

3. He has won a major trophy.
- To win the FA Cup with a team of Wigan's stature is a fantastic achievement.

4. He tries to play attacking football.
- I think we can all appreciate that the League title is well beyond our reach, so why not enjoy watching football again? Some of Everton's attacking play under Moyes was sublime, but all too often he then quickly resorted to caution to defend a one goal lead. I'd like to see Martinez authorise an all out attacking mentality with players we have.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience.
- Although I would happily welcome Pereira, the fact that Martinez knows the Premier League inside out would be an advantage.

6. He has one year left on his deal, so compensation would not be massive.
- I personally wanted Laudrup, but spending close to £10m on a manager would be silly given our finances.

Anyway, I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any more reasons.

Keep us there.

Is this where we are now ? I take your point mate that we want to stabilise it all & its not a criticism of you but there seems to be a belief that's grown up amongst blues that we are at the best we ever could be and I hate the whole mentality . Kenwright promises moyes we won't let him down whilst we seem to asking him what's the best for us , it's not MOYES FC . I heard an interview with Neville where he said he's been told when moyes came to everton all he ever wanted to do was 'be good enough to manage united" . For me that's just amazing and it's totally symptomatic of where we are as a club.

Stabilise (over the long term) is the minimum I'd expect but I'd much rather we strive to better what we've done over recent years , let's have some ambition and drive .

****ING SHUT UP YOU ****ING BUNCH OF IDIOTIC ****ERS YOU'RE DOING MY ****ING HEAD IN!

I know it's outrageous that people are talking about the next Everton manager in the Moyes potential replacement thread.

Sort it out lads.

Won't let me post the link but google Vitor Pereira guest of honour Everton.
you will see it many times

Is this where we are now ? I take your point mate that we want to stabilise it all & its not a criticism of you but there seems to be a belief that's grown up amongst blues that we are at the best we ever could be and I hate the whole mentality . Kenwright promises moyes we won't let him down whilst we seem to asking him what's the best for us , it's not MOYES FC . I heard an interview with Neville where he said he's been told when moyes came to everton all he ever wanted to do was 'be good enough to manage united" . For me that's just amazing and it's totally symptomatic of where we are as a club.

Stabilise (over the long term) is the minimum I'd expect but I'd much rather we strive to better what we've done over recent years , let's have some ambition and drive .

kenwright is promising moyes he won't let him down? Is this true. It should be the fans he is bothered about not the fella who has just walked out for another job.

For me, the goal has to be to break top 4, extremely difficult yes but we should be aiming for this AND/ OR a domestic cup.

Moyes was the right man at the right place and time 11 years ago, we need a different approach now, not Moyes markII.

Last edited:

The possible departure of David Moyes from Goodison Park in the summer has sparked speculation over Moyes’ replacement.

One name that has been raised is Porto manager Vitor Pereira, who is out of contract in the summer and who was a guest of the club at a Premier League match over the Christmas period.

The 44-year-old steered Porto to the league title during his first season in charge of the club. Porto are currently unbeaten in the Portuguese Liga this season even though they lie four points adrift of leaders Benfica.

Pereira spent a season as Andre Villas-Boas’ No.2 during Porto’s 2010-11 treble-winning campaign, won plaudits for leading Porto out of the Champions League group stages this season before they were eliminated at the last-16 stage by Malaga last month. Watch this space….

Good things about Martinez:

1. The way he conducts himself is in a manner befitting of an Everton manager.
- There are no jibes calling other teams "small clubs", he doesn't publicly berate his players, he talks positively and conducts himself well and with dignity.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics.
- Except for the Stoke 3 at the back, Moyes had two plans; Plan A, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini behind the striker. And Plan B, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini dropped deep. Martinez has shown a willingness to mix things up, utilising a 4-3-3 at Swansea, as well as Wigan, then implementing the 3-4-3 and the 5-3-2.

3. He has won a major trophy.
- To win the FA Cup with a team of Wigan's stature is a fantastic achievement.

4. He tries to play attacking football.
- I think we can all appreciate that the League title is well beyond our reach, so why not enjoy watching football again? Some of Everton's attacking play under Moyes was sublime, but all too often he then quickly resorted to caution to defend a one goal lead. I'd like to see Martinez authorise an all out attacking mentality with players we have.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience.
- Although I would happily welcome Pereira, the fact that Martinez knows the Premier League inside out would be an advantage.

6. He has one year left on his deal, so compensation would not be massive.
- I personally wanted Laudrup, but spending close to £10m on a manager would be silly given our finances.

Anyway, I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any more reasons.
Thanks for replying but those reasons don't blow me away.

1. He's a nice guy: That rules out Ferguson and Mourinho then.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics: Those tactics got him relegated.

3. He has won a major trophy: good on him but only beating 2 Prem teams along the way to do it still leaves me unimpressed.

4. He tries to play attacking football: so now you don't want tactical flexibility? You just want to attack all the time? Personally, whilst preferring to watch attacking football, I think winning is more important.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience : so do Harry Bassett, Neil Warnock and Martin Oneill but I wouldn't want any of them purely on that basis.

6. He is cheap: if he loses us 5 places in the Prem how cheap is he then? We should decide who we want and then pay what it takes to get the best manager we can.

For me, the goal has to be to break top 4, extremely difficult yes but we should be aiming for this AND/ OR a domestic cup.

Moyes was the right man at the right place and time 11 years ago, we need a different approach now, not Moyes markII.

Agreed. Think we need a fresh set of eyes on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.