Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we really wanted to, we COULD get the likes of De Boer / top managers we COULD get better than Martinez but i just think the board would be too scared to appoint someone, we're all saying we want tuchel, pereira, de boer, etc. But i've got this gut feeling we will end up dissapointed tbh. We can get better than Martinez.

Martinez said last w/e he was surprised that Wigan was relegated,when nearly every one else could
See it coming and now a week later he is favourite to take over the 6th placed club in the Premiership, is everyone
Blind ffs

Is this where we are now ? I take your point mate that we want to stabilise it all & its not a criticism of you but there seems to be a belief that's grown up amongst blues that we are at the best we ever could be and I hate the whole mentality . Kenwright promises moyes we won't let him down whilst we seem to asking him what's the best for us , it's not MOYES FC . I heard an interview with Neville where he said he's been told when moyes came to everton all he ever wanted to do was 'be good enough to manage united" . For me that's just amazing and it's totally symptomatic of where we are as a club.

Stabilise (over the long term) is the minimum I'd expect but I'd much rather we strive to better what we've done over recent years , let's have some ambition and drive .

Spot on that sheeds.

I just heard that Football Focus interview with Neville too...felt like spewing me ring up. Moyes' ambition when he joined Everton was 'to be good enough for United' - well maybe his ambition should have been to win something first? I still cant believe United have hired that plodder. He'll be found out in weeks rather than months, imo.

Pereira dropped to 33/1 now with SkyBet... Is he too far out of our reach or an absolute amazing bet? Either way, put a fiver on him and if he came i would quite damn happy.

Thanks for replying but those reasons don't blow me away.

1. He's a nice guy: That rules out Ferguson and Mourinho then.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics: Those tactics got him relegated.

3. He has won a major trophy: good on him but only beating 2 Prem teams along the way to do it still leaves me unimpressed.

4. He tries to play attacking football: so now you don't want tactical flexibility? You just want to attack all the time? Personally, whilst preferring to watch attacking football, I think winning is more important.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience : so do Harry Bassett, Neil Warnock and Martin Oneill but I wouldn't want any of them purely on that basis.

6. He is cheap: if he loses us 5 places in the Prem how cheap is he then? We should decide who we want and then pay what it takes to get the best manager we can.

1. That's odd, I didn't realise we were in the running for Ferguson and Mourinho? Some managers have such a high level of quality that you can forgive the odd instance of being a bit of a knob. Martinez handles himself; see Moyes, David as a shining example of good manager/ not a knob.

2. With respect, I don't think it was his tactics, but rather his players. You'd often see Wigan outplaying teams, but for a daft individual error to lose the game.

3. You can only beat what is put in front of you; also, one of those teams was a top 6 side who are currently looking for a manager.

4. There is a difference between formations and mentality.

5. The reason for the inclusion of this point is to separate him from internal appointments with no experience.

6. Is he guaranteed to take us down 5 places?

Out of interest, who would you want?

Martinez said last w/e he was surprised that Wigan was relegated,when nearly every one else could
See it coming and now a week later he is favourite to take over the 6th placed club in the Premiership, is everyone
Blind ffs

When the people who put out the cones at FF are considered serious heavyweight contenders for the manager's job, mate, I'd say we've got other, more pressing things to be worried about.

Im sick of Kenwright now worrying about how to keep Moyes wonderful work going on, we cant but we can get another manager who BELIVES in us and put his stamp on the team. The media, kenwright and fergie are making Moyes out to be some big hero.

Cmon lads lets chill eh....WE all know that roberto is in the slot for the job, it just a matter of time.

Personally..I don't want him because in the end if you don,t learn from your mistakes you are destined to repeat them.

We have missed the boat again to put pressure on this owner to pack up and go now we are going to go through another 10 cycle of a penniless board and a "yes" manager.

Just watch the new european managers come into the EPL next season and bring a fresh new modern approach to the game.

Enjoy.

Cmon lads lets chill eh....WE all know that roberto is in the slot for the job, it just a matter of time.

Personally..I don't want him because in the end if you don,t learn from your mistakes you are destined to repeat them.

We have missed the boat again to put pressure on this owner to pack up and go now we are going to go through another 10 cycle of a penniless board and a "yes" manager.

Just watch the new european managers come into the EPL next season and bring a fresh new modern approach to the game.

Enjoy.

Don't agree Martinez is the front runner, Kenwright keeps going about getting someone in who will carry on what Moyes work, this could mean someone internal who will keep the same formation and training, Martinez will want to come in and change the formation and how we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.