Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can start narrowing this down.

Interested

Duncan Ferguson
David Weir
Alan Stubbs
Roberto Martinez

Not interested

Everybody else.

Is that people who are interested in the job or people you are interested in having? Because Rafael is all but saying he wants it.

But, presumably, you think someone with zero experience is a good bet for keeping Everton challenging for Europe?

I think that a internal like dunc what he lacks in experience he gains in knowing the club and the workings, the staff, players and strategy the club works ect...

Basically there's as much chance of a dunc keeping us challanging as there is a Martinez. Same as there's as much chance as it going wrong with a dunc as a Martinez albeit for entirely different reasons with different choices of manager.

There's ridiculous thinking with some that a better style of football is needed and will take us on to a new level with an attacking tiki taka style manager!? Football is about winning and different tactics ect...

Wigan try and play lovely football and they have gone down! Arsenal have played lovely football for years and won nothing for 8yrs with a squad full of quality players. Laudrup, the man everyone on here is creaming there pants over went into Swansea and got rid of the Brenda's "tika taka at all cost" regime and mixes it up dependent on opposistion. And how many games did man utd win ugly this season??

Moyes football has got better over the years as his players have got better. He can set a team up several ways to play which may be frustrating and the wrong choice at times but that approach has won us games we shouldn't have over the years....possibly lost/drew games we shouldn't of also mind. It's a good thing not bad which is why we'v finished consistantly up to the top end. However don't want this to sound like a complete defense of moyes tactics, the lack of a bit more of a killer instinct or all out attack at times has been his downfall IMO (but again you can look to no bench options) We have played some great football under moyes, also some dour, but the end results have been the same season on season.

Anyway with regards to internal, I'm warming to the idea I must say...the names linked outside are not exactly filling me with any excitement, a fancy foreign name doesn't mean anything and certainly doesn't guarantee anything. Would it really be that bad for everything to carry on the same here with a new face leading it up? And I've got to say I'm massively intrigued at the thought of big dunc. He for me is the only internal that would get the respect and time of the fans. Yes of course he's inexperienced but with the coaching staff, set of players here and everything that's in place and help at hand I think he could do it.

It would certainly be interesting and exciting and for me a better choice than Martinez easily!

would be huge risk to give the job to big dunc. ofcourse he would have respect, that aint enough, though.

i just feel we need something new here

I think that a internal like dunc what he lacks in experience he gains in knowing the club and the workings, the staff, players and strategy the club works ect...

Basically there's as much chance of a dunc keeping us challanging as there is a Martinez. Same as there's as much chance as it going wrong with a dunc as a Martinez albeit for entirely different reasons with different choices of manager.

All good qualities for a coaching role, not for managing the 6th best team in England looking to consolidate and maybe nick a European spot.

There can be no learning on the job. If Kenwright appoints an inexperienced man it'll be the final insult as far as I'm concerned.

If its Duncan then one thing for certain is that any player not wearing the shirt with pride will get done in .

...in our position I reckon we need to judge a manager on his record of buying and selling because its unlikely we can get somebody with a cupboard load of trophies. An outstanding record in the transfer market has to be a key competency for any Everton boss.
Consequently, promoting from in-house would be a huge gamble. Sure they might be effective in the short-term because they inherit a decent side but when they have to strengthen with limited cash is when the real challenge comes.
I've been keeping an eye on the betting market because its always a good indicator. Poyet favourite yesterday, Martinez today, I don't think anybody truly knows which way Bill will go.

All good qualities for a coaching role, not for managing the 6th best team in England looking to consolidate and maybe nick a European spot.

There can be no learning on the job. If Kenwright appoints an inexperienced man it'll be the final insult as far as I'm concerned.

not gonna take it as far as you did but surely it would be big big mistake

would be huge risk to give the job to big dunc. ofcourse he would have respect, that aint enough, though.

i just feel we need something new here

Moyes hasn't done it all on his own tho... Don't dismiss the coaches, No.2's, back room staff that are all involved in moyes reign.
These people would still be involved helping and assisting a dunc style appointment. Lessening the gamble somewhat.

A foreign coach bringing all his own staff and all his own ways is just as much of a gamble.

I'm not saying one is nessesarly the better way to go, just don't exclude the from whithin option as ridiculous based on not having experience or a fancy name.

Steve Round. I wonder why - given the interviews handed to the four coaches - he hasn't been seriously considered? He wouldn't be my choice like, but he's got far greater right to stake a claim to that job than those four below him in the pecking order. It's usually the case that an assistant would at least have a shout.

When it's currently being stressed that *knowing the club* is a positive factor in someone possibly getting the job, his absence from any shortlist just underlines for me the lack of rigour and seriousness in this process so far. It's been a complete friggin joke...as we knew it would with clown shoes in charge of it.

Moyes hasn't done it all on his own tho... Don't dismiss the coaches, No.2's, back room staff that are all involved in moyes reign.
These people would still be involved helping and assisting a dunc style appointment. Lessening the gamble somewhat.

A foreign coach bringing all his own staff and all his own ways is just as much of a gamble.

I'm not saying one is nessesarly the better way to go, just don't exclude the from whithin option as ridiculous based on not having experience or a fancy name.

well put, mate.

i just want to win something :)

...in our position I reckon we need to judge a manager on his record of buying and selling because its unlikely we can get somebody with a cupboard load of trophies. An outstanding record in the transfer market has to be a key competency for any Everton boss.
Consequently, promoting from in-house would be a huge gamble. Sure they might be effective in the short-term because they inherit a decent side but when they have to strengthen with limited cash is when the real challenge comes.
I've been keeping an eye on the betting market because its always a good indicator. Poyet favourite yesterday, Martinez today, I don't think anybody truly knows which way Bill will go.

The short term is really crucial though because relative stability for the long term does seem to be what Moyes has left us with, if you look at teams in similar positions in the past I just can't see any evidence that internal or external makes much difference, and in 90 per cent cases experience of managing one set players doesn't guarantee success with another. I have no idea at the moment and would only be worried about people getting carried away with melodramatic reactions whoever gets appointed, a lot of Chelsea fans do think it was the fans reaction to Rafael that have meant they weren't challenging for the title. People's attitude to Kenwright seems to be clouding a discussion on what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.