Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they went down would that change your mind Dave?

I've always thought he'd go on to do well in the game but a relegation, which is odds on, is putting me off him a bit TBH.

No. He's plaited sawdust at that club for years. They have no right to be in the PL given the resources. He's performed a Herculean task there. I think maybe the cup run has screwed them up this time, physically as much as mentally.

The list of who I don't want it 10 times longer than the list of who I do want.

Do not want:

Mark Hughes
Martin O'Neil
Neil Lennon
Harry Redknapp
Dave Jones
Roberto Di Matteo
Any Johnny Foregienr with no first hand experience of EPL

Wouldn't Mind:

Brian Laudroup
Roberto Martinez

Could probably cope with

Rafael Benitez
Steve Clarke ( Think most of his success was down to Hodgsons foundations)

yeah I agree, because Johnny foreigners with no EPL experience have a **** record in the epl, just look at the list: Mourinho, Benitez, Laudrup, Mancini, Wenger. All complete failures

If they went down would that change your mind Dave?

I've always thought he'd go on to do well in the game but a relegation, which is odds on, is putting me off him a bit TBH.

Needs to stay up, fa cup win would be a huge bonus. If that doesn't happen I don't want him here.

I wouldn't look past Martinez. I think he has the composure and experience to operate at this level and with our better players (plus the one's he'd bring in) and a bit of time he'd fashion a very entertaining and winning team. I dont buy the defensive frailties criticism. He wont be working with Emerson Boyce and Gary Caldwell down here.

He'd also suit Bill and co. down to the ground by generating cash from sales when needed.

We really need to secure this feller, IMO. If he costs £5M to tear away from Wigan then that's what we need to pay.

This is a very big decision and you need something that's tried and tested.

Good post.

I'd prefer an attacking foreign manager who tried and tested like Pellegrini, who'd bring new modern ideas with him although I think it would be difficult to get him. I'd love a risk on Biesla but I am well aware this would be a massive gamble which could completely back fire and I don't think Bill would do that.

Realistically, my first choice would be Laudrup but Martinez for all the reasons you mentioned, would be a good choice.

Good looking Managers:
Laudrup
Periera
Yakin

Bad looking Managers:
Lennon
Hughes
Clarke
Benitez

Ones i'm not sure on:
Martinez
Mackay

Oh i've confused myself now.

Just get a sexy manager Bill FFS. One who looks boss in a scarf and a jumper.

Good post.

I'd prefer an attacking foreign manager who tried and tested like Pellegrini, who'd bring new modern ideas with him although I think it would be difficult to get him. I'd love a risk on Biesla but I am well aware this would be a massive gamble which could completely back fire and I don't think Bill would do that.

Realistically, my first choice would be Laudrup but Martinez for all the reasons you mentioned, would be a good choice.

Personally, I'd have PL experience (regardless of whether they were British/Irish or foreigner) as the number one criteria. We've seen how sometimes a foreign manager, like Ramos, can come in and struggle to adapt. Some settle down, others dont.

I'd say throwing a five year deal at Martinez would be safe as houses. We need stability again and fast. This feller would help give us it.

Personally, I'd have PL experience (regardless of whether they were British/Irish or foreigner) as the number one criteria. We've seen how sometimes a foreign manager, like Ramos, can come in and struggle to adapt. Some settle down, others dont.

That's the logic that lead City to hire Hughes and Sunderland to hire O'Neill, though. It backfires just as often as bringing in someone from a different league, does.

Just been reading about Bielsa. I think he could be the one. Favourite formation 3-3-1-3 and plays attacking football, sounds exciting, can't begin to describe how sick I am of 4-4-1-1.

WOW READ THIS http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/05/10/100252-33310035/?

Just one snippet

In February I was asked on Twitter whether I believed David Moyes would be Everton manager beyond the summer.

My reply was straightforward: “I’m not confident. Vibes aren’t good.”

I was instantly made aware that the Tweet had been emailed to Bill Kenwright’s office and the chairman was demanding to know what David Moyes might have told me.

He hadn’t told me anything. The very fact he was refusing to sign a new contract spoke volumes – but it seems that the Blues boardroom wasn’t listening

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/05/10/100252-33310035/?#ixzz2Sst6ylAi

Status
Not open for further replies.