Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd have PL experience (regardless of whether they were British/Irish or foreigner) as the number one criteria. We've seen how sometimes a foreign manager, like Ramos, can come in and struggle to adapt. Some settle down, others dont.

I'd say throwing a five year deal at Martinez would be safe as houses. We need stability again and fast. This feller would help give us it.

I think so as well. He has many of the qualities of Moyes such as being a good ambassador for the club, loyalty, conducts himself well however he brings a completely different style of play which is what I really want. I don't want a shi*ter clone of Moyes.

I'd love to see what what Martinez could do with our squad, going to places not caring for reputations and giving it a go. He always speak so positive and likes to give the kids ago which I believe will be the making of us with the quality we have here.

We should already know who we want we should have been prepared months ago but of course BK is useless

It's tough though isn't it ? Do you take moyes at his word and hope he's being honest but what if he'd gone to the press and said "I'm only leaving because kenwright is in talks with my replacement , I feel so betrayed" . What about the manager tour speaking to if his club found out ? How deep into commitment do we get , Do we talk transfers or sales ? What about if the manager we'd selected had lost 10 on the bounce do we commit or just chat ?

I'm not defending kenwright as I think he deserves much of the criticism he gets however I don't think it's as easy as lining up a replacement when you don't know if your own manager is staying or going . I Do believe we should have normally sounded out a few possibles but I suspect that's what we've probably done with the likes of Martinez .

In all honesty much of the blame here seems to lay at our former managers door

Personally, I'd have PL experience (regardless of whether they were British/Irish or foreigner) as the number one criteria. We've seen how sometimes a foreign manager, like Ramos, can come in and struggle to adapt. Some settle down, others dont.

I'd say throwing a five year deal at Martinez would be safe as houses. We need stability again and fast. This feller would help give us it.

Sorry Dave but I don't see the logic in bringing a man who's only PL experience consists of clinging onto PL survival on the last day & this year will probably get relegated. I don't think Martinez offers guaranteed stability at all, far from it. I think he offers a massive risk, as we're a massive club compared to his previous experience & expectations are way way higher.

I'd rather take a man who knows how to win, irrespective of where he plys his trade currently.

As much as I would love Bielsa...... There is no way he would ever come to Everton

The man turned down inter, because he wanted to work with a bunch of players who he thought could fit into his system and he didn't think inter could do that or he'd be given the time to work at it.

I can't see him looking at our squad and seeing what he wants either, tbh.

Which is fine by me, because the intensity he demands means his teams always fall off a cliff after about nine months. Bilbao have been awful this year, because they're exhausted and because the players hate him for making them work so hard.

The man turned down inter, because he wanted to work with a bunch of players who he thought could fit into his system and he didn't think inter could do that or he'd be given the time to work at it.

Which is fine by me, because the intensity he demands means his teams always fall off a cliff after about nine months. Bilbao have been awful this year, because they're exhausted and because the players hate him for making them work so hard.

the first 9 months would be awesome though

That's the logic that lead City to hire Hughes and Sunderland to hire O'Neill, though. It backfires just as often as bringing in someone from a different league, does.

I can see your point, but I'd rather avoid 'buying sight unseen'. I dont think Martinez would be a hit or miss option. Hiring Biesla/Pelegrini would also be a shock to the system of a fairly parochial club like Everton. And bringing in someone like Martinez may be a 'stepping stone' figure in that respect.

Whats BK EMAIL lads?

Oviedo on the left, Mirallas on the right and get Kenwyne Jones.

My speech to oviedo and mirallas before the game would be, don't go deep in our half, and when you receive the ball, run down the line and cross it.

I think so as well. He has many of the qualities of Moyes such as being a good ambassador for the club, loyalty, conducts himself well however he brings a completely different style of play which is what I really want. I don't want a shi*ter clone of Moyes.

I'd love to see what what Martinez could do with our squad, going to places not caring for reputations and giving it a go. He always speak so positive and likes to give the kids ago which I believe will be the making of us with the quality we have here.

Defo. He seems to be a class act.

Our job is so attarctive to me for many reasons.

We pay very good wages (both players and manager), we play in the most high profile league in the world, we have a very good team, we have a great youth set up but mainly due to the fact that any new managers gets control of the whole club, every bit of it and as much time as they want. They could take us down and still stay I reckon.

We are a very, very attractive proposition IMO.

Whats BK EMAIL lads?

Oviedo on the left, Mirallas on the right and get Kenwyne Jones.

My speech to oviedo and mirallas before the game would be, don't go deep in our half, and when you receive the ball, run down the line and cross it.

Your speech to Kenwyne Jones would have to be epic though mate he's one of the worst, laziest yard dogs to play in the PL. I'd rather have Gethin Jones up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.