moyes must be going mental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of numbers!!

Honestly the way you argue things makes me want to jump on the other bandwagon! Everything doesn't have to be black or white. Try learning some tact for crying out loud!!

We need numbers if we are to perform on two fronts this season, and Richardson and Smith would have been useful signings. However, it isn't like these players are the only players moving. There are still hundreds/thousands of players out there and I am fine with waiting for Moyes to dig them out.

I'm just pissed off with all this "SIGN ANYBODY FOR 25m FAST!!!" opinion, its annoying the hell out of me.

We have had a small squad ever since moyes arrived, and look how we have done, I fully realise the extra games (hopefully) we will have to play because of the UEFA cup but buying anyone for any price just isn't going to cut it, and we don't have the finances of spurs to buy quality in depth.

Wasn't our budget mostly taken up by wages last season?

I'm just pissed off with all this "SIGN ANYBODY FOR 25m FAST!!!" opinion, its annoying the hell out of me.

We have had a small squad ever since moyes arrived, and look how we have done, I fully realise the extra games (hopefully) we will have to play because of the UEFA cup but buying anyone for any price just isn't going to cut it, and we don't have the finances of spurs to buy quality in depth.

Where did we finish last time when we didn't have the numbers to take on Europe?....I'm almost positive that we languished at the bottom of the table for most of the season call me cynical but I don't want a repeat performance of that and I'm sure the others calling for numbers to be added don't either.

Granted we have a better squad this time round but if one or two players gets injured all of a sudden our great squad looks crap. take Arteta and Johnson out of the squad and what do you have? a team that can't attack and can't put the ball in the back of the net.

We need another creative midfielder and another striker to be sure that we can atleast manage to cope with the task of taking on 4 competitions at once.

I also don't expect our "core" squad of players to play every match even if they are fit and ready to do so. Arteta might be a damn fine player but he's not superman he can't drag the whole team through 2 competitions at once.

Name the creative force that is going to sit on the bench because he is waiting for arteta to get injured then?

No AJ? well apart from Vaughan, Anichebe, BT & McFadden?

The reason for sitting bottom was hardly due to playing in Europe was it, we only played 2 games!!

Name the creative force that is going to sit on the bench because he is waiting for arteta to get injured then?

No AJ? well apart from Vaughan, Anichebe, BT & McFadden?

The reason for sitting bottom was hardly due to playing in Europe was it, we only played 2 games!!

Vaughan is out injured, Anichebe will go to africa, BT is as good as Sheffield Utd's McFadden is [Poor language removed] so yeah apart from AJ where are the goals going to come from...I can see it now Howard banging them in from the halfway line.

The creative force will play alongside arteta to give us an extra dimension in midfield so everything is not orchestrated through Arteta. Manny was a guy who could play alongside arteta, pick a pass and offer something in terms of going forward. He doesn't have to sit on the bench and I'm using Manny as an example there are a dozen guys that can do a job for us and not have to sit on the bench.

Don't you think that if we play two creative forces in midfield that people will blame our lack of strength in the middle for every goal we concede?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't arteta play left wing when manny played?

Don't you think that if we play two creative forces in midfield that people will blame our lack of strength in the middle for every goal we concede?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't arteta play left wing when manny played?

No your right, Arteta did play left wing or right wing where ever Mr Moyes saw fit but I still don't see how that would damage our bite in midfield if we deployed either Carsley Neville or Jagielka in a holding role that would give license for any creative players to push up.

Also just because a player is creative doesn't mean they lack bite. Lucho Gonzales can tackle I'm not holding my breathe for him but using him as an example. Arteta is a bit rough for the average Spanish midfielder as well so I can't see how adding a creative midfielder into the equation would make us concede more goals.

Its the defenses job to stop the goals from going in. if we get a decent left back we can push Lescott into the middle and play a higher line looking for the offsides as the pack would be more mobile without stubbs.

Fair points, and it would seem if those two signed (baines and gonzalez) that the situation you describe would come true.

I'm not against buying players, but I am against criticising if we don't buy, I do trust moyes and his eye in the market, if he doesn't go for a player I just put it down to a good reason, whatever it was.

Anichebe may or may not go to the african nations, he has to be picked first, yobo will of course defo go as he is captain, but we have neville, jags, stubbs who can come in for the few weeks joey is away.

Yes the injuries picked up by cahill and jimmy are kicks in the knackers, but then again injuries to any teams are bad, especially to their best players.

Imagine if ronaldo and rooney got injured, or lampard and drogba.... can either clubs replace them?

Imagine if ronaldo and rooney got injured, or lampard and drogba.... can either clubs replace them?

Probably not, the point is though both of the aforementioned clubs have depth in their squads and can take such blows whilst still looking like a decent team, Rooney gets injured they have Solsjkaer, Saha and probably Tevez

If Drogba gets injured they have Kalou, Shevchenko and Pizzaro, Who can all do a job when a key player is out injured.

When we have Arteta injured we have to rely on Osman to whip crosses in or next season if he's good enough Van Der Meyde.

I'm sure we can both agree all we want is whats best for the club and whats best for the club right now is squad depth with 1 or 2 quality acquistions in key places.

COYB!.

I just don't think we can replace key players, look at chelsea when terry was injured, they couldn't score and were conceding all over the show.

You said we need both quality in depth and key players in 1 or 2 places, but the way I look at it, is its an either or... we either get a few experienced players who are happy to play bit parts here and there, or we get 1 or 2 players who are regular first teamers.

I know where you're coming from, what with the extra games this season, but I don't think we have the finances for it.

I know where you're coming from, what with the extra games this season, but I don't think we have the finances for it.

With the extra 3 or 4 new signings we'll be making after the season starts we'll have a few bench warmers.

What you haven't heard the news ... 'Moyes promotes youth team players' - well ok, not quite the truth, but I'd be surprised if we don't have a couple of 'new signings' in the squad! Thats the best way to beat the accountants :p

With the extra 3 or 4 new signings we'll be making after the season starts we'll have a few bench warmers.

What you haven't heard the news ... 'Moyes promotes youth team players' - well ok, not quite the truth, but I'd be surprised if we don't have a couple of 'new signings' in the squad! Thats the best way to beat the accountants :p

vidarsson looked good, and thats more competition on the left anyway.

I almost choked to death on my morning brew thinking you were insane. Then I read the 2nd paragraph and it all became clear ;)

Ive been in hiding and dont want to have anything else to do with this transfer season. Is it a 'transfer season'? Its madness. We have NO IDEA what goes on back there. Its a murky world of misinformation, speculation and heart crushing inuendo. Its no place for the weak. Theres plenty of places to hide. A rumour can snowball into a witch hunt if the deal doesnt go through.

But...

You know what? I get the impression Moyes is, after learning the hard way, slowly mastering the transfer art. You have to be a little bit Big Sam, a little bit Hiddink, with a liberal sprinkling of Sir Bobby. Maybe thy arent the greatest exponents of the transfer art, but the three skills of wheeling and dealing, talent spotting, and team moulding are being grown by Moyes.

You cant deny he is upgrading. Baines? What a signing, seriously. Hes young, quick, has an eye for a goal and is thoroughly committed. All the other guys weve been linked with I care for not a jot. They dont want to be a blue, fine go play for Newcastle and see where it gets you. Rich and fat, sure, but your credibility vanishes like your impact in games. Its the Barcode filter. Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, the other champs and the up and comers from the youth setup. Moyes has learned to wave the guys he's interested in infront of the Geordies and if they bite, he chucks em back.

If you dont think we are moving in the right direction, you are a deadset drongo. Im feeling excited. New Stadium, new outlook, a new hope.

Brings a tear to this old sun drenched, blonde, muscley, fair dinkum aussie surfers eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.