Moyes is second favourite for the Spurs job according to the bookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get into Moyes' tactics and other faults he has, but I'll say, although it's fair enough to look for reasons why we're not performing as we were in years gone by, I don't think he has lost "fire" and is not "bored". Personally, I've never seen him so animated on the touchline and glued to the edge of the technical area as in recent games. Don't want to piss people off but he's never enjoyed talking to the media anyway so I don't see how people have got the idea he doesn't care from there.

I really don't know how someone can be so involved from the touchline every single game, celebrate like he did against City and still be accused of not having the "fire" about him. Maybe he's just had sweet [Poor language removed] all to get excited or animated about and is as tired as we are of the constant lazy media repetition when it comes to Everton Football Club. Keep an eye on the touchline tomorrow and you may see a poor tactician but you won't see someone who doesn't care.

i understand what you say but it's not just at the game ,,,, maybe the players are bored and stale , maybe the training is mundane and repetitive , maybe moyes ust goes through the motions on the training ground ..... to be honest ,,, none of us know. But it is blatantly obvious that with the squad of players we have we should not be settling for a draw against wigan. something needs to change somewhere,,, maybe a couple of new coaches with fresh ideas..... it's not always at the top changes need to be made.

Theres a difference between passion and not having the same motivation as he used to have.

Depends on your view through potentially rose tinted glasses, and how your view could be skewed today in light of the perceived malaise above Moyes.

Quick question :- When has Everton ever had all the running its way?

i understand what you say but it's not just at the game ,,,, maybe the players are bored and stale , maybe the training is mundane and repetitive , maybe moyes ust goes through the motions on the training ground ..... to be honest ,,, none of us know. But it is blatantly obvious that with the squad of players we have we should not be settling for a draw against wigan. something needs to change somewhere,,, maybe a couple of new coaches with fresh ideas..... it's not always at the top changes need to be made.

Knee jerk for my money - when the oppositions change as much as they do it can often be easy to blame something in house beyond what has actually happened. Bad decisions, woeful deflections/own goals, and a severe lack of luck at our scoring end can make supporters clutch at straws.

Moyes is rebuilding, the average age has fallen AGAIN, and within 12 months we will have a side that can go three or four years without a great deal of change. Make the players work the system - dont spunk money everywhere trying to find eleven players that fit like a divine jigsaw.

Knee jerk for my money - when the oppositions change as much as they do it can often be easy to blame something in house beyond what has actually happened. Bad decisions, woeful deflections/own goals, and a severe lack of luck at our scoring end can make supporters clutch at straws.

Moyes is rebuilding, the average age has fallen AGAIN, and within 12 months we will have a side that can go three or four years without a great deal of change. Make the players work the system - dont spunk money everywhere trying to find eleven players that fit like a divine jigsaw.

we dont need to spunk money anywhere, we dont need to get rid of moyes, we do have a capable squad.......we do need a fresh input from somewhere to ignite a spark..... both moyes and the players look bored and stale .

get Alan Irvine back involved with the first team, not been the same since steve round became assistant, round seems like a yes man whereas Irvine has fire in his belly

get Alan Irvine back involved with the first team, not been the same since steve round became assistant, round seems like a yes man whereas Irvine has fire in his belly
I've been saying this for ages but people think I'm mental. I don't like Steve Round and his headset. He seems like a nodding dog.

C'mon boys...where would we be without David Moyes? Yeah...he hasn't had the best couple of years recently, but we were in a much darker place before he came along. You can knock him all you want...and some will be fair...but who has done more with very little in the League than DM? His tactics can be frustrating...but ffs...look at the squad...we have no business being in the top 5 or top 7 conversation...the biggest thing he brings to the table is fostering a team mentalitly...everyone working for each other...Moyes is not the problem...

This is the major problem for me. The system and style of play moyes has us playing doesn't work, we don't score enough goals as we are easy to defend against. either moyes changes the way we play or he has to go. I think direct football is his style and don't think he will ever change.

Tom, our football hasn't really changed though. it has and will always be the same under moyes. get the ball up quick, try and pick the second ball up in the opposition half, try and get a cross in the box. its all to direct and predictable.

I'm sorry guys I really don't see where this direct hoofball ****ging of moyes way of playing comes from ??

Yes after loosing VITAL ball playing players, this first half of the season he has used this approach but...
I've never noticed it as a problem for years and years!!

I'm sorry guys I really don't see where this direct hoofball ****ging of moyes way of playing comes from ??

Yes after loosing VITAL ball playing players, this first half of the season he has used this approach but...
I've never noticed it as a problem for years and years!!

You are joking, right?

I'm not joking No!

Would you say we played hoofball last season or the season before??

Last season are possession stats were always close to 60-40 inost games... You don't get that playing hoofball ?

Status
Not open for further replies.