Moyes "clarifies" contract position

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he changes peoples perceptions on his style of football this season a few vacancies might open up for him, even Arsenal, depending on how thier season goes.

I think he was banking on the Totenham job when Harry went, and is now hedging his bets because he realises he may not be as marketable as he thought.

Dave, you've started a few threads recently with just a link.

Headline spin
Please try and make thread titles as descriptive as possible of the thread's actual content.

Anonymous Sourcing
If you're posting an article or image from another website, please include a link to the source. If you copy and paste from a source, please provide a link.

News Articles
When posting a link to an online news story, please post the text as well. This is convenient for everyone and those that do not, will be accused of advertising;

Advertising
If you would like to plug/advertise a website or service, please ask permission prior doing so. Permission can be obtained from a moderator or admin, failure to do so will result in your post and possibly account being removed.

he has to ask himself whats going to change if he stays for 5 more years, He is probably going to have to lose 2-3 our our best players and reinvest in the squad, business wise this is good, but from moyes perspective he is just going round in circles.

you cant win anything if you are constantly selling your best players, and 11 years in charge just shows us that. Moyes still has a lot to prove in europe.

having top finishes doesent get you anywhere, football changes in the space of one season nowdays, Look how the careers of Di matteo, rodgers, lambert and hughton have changed in the space of one year. Its about what you can do here and now, not what you did 10 years ago.

the fact that none of the big clubs have even had words with moyes tells you everything, I think he will move on to a foreign lkeague and see what he can do there. Only then can I se teams better then us taking a chance on him. If he stays here for 5 more years he will be in the same position he is now.

Dave, you've started a few threads recently with just a link.

Worse still when you click the link it redirects you to a site showing a video of a naked man sticking pins in ginger and grey haired dolls, and singing "I guess thats why they call us the blues".

Weird.

What the hell is going to change beofre the end of the season that could make him sign a contract that he isn't signing now?

OH YEAH GUYZ HES HEARD fERGIES LEAVING IN MAY SO IS WAITING FOR THE UNITED JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The club will be in the same position as they were last time he signed a contract and he knows it.

He's either after another pay rise as Bill begs him to stay, or he wants to leave but is waiting for a club to show their interest in him because at the moment he's probably in no mans land, the old "if no one else wants me then i'll sign because i'm comitted to Everton and never had any intention of leaving" spin.

I just think Moyes has finally realised he needs to throw his weight around with BK in order for him to "pony up the doe".

Either way, I agree with Goats. If he goes, he goes. No one is bigger than the club. A lot of people keep saying to me he's being groomed for the man u job (usually man u fans). I tell them he is no where near ready for it. He makes too many mistakes both regarding selection and tactically. He can keep "learning his trade" with us with room to make mistakes. My point is he wouldn't get this room at man u and he knows this .

So all things being considered (plus Fergies retirement date) I think he'll be with us next season, unless we turn to s***e or Bill fails to present him with funds in the summer.

-sorry for rambling lads, I haven't had much sleep.

But he's been here longer, and inflation over time anyway will dictate recent bosses will have spent more, stands to reason.

I dont think he's been backed, not at all. But he puts up with it - which is a criticism, because he's short changing supporters by keeping the whole stinking edifice upright.

Couldnt agree with you more mate, on both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.