Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
No to Moyes, agreed.

But there's only 4 points between 6th and 16th.
Current bottom 2 seem to be on their way but all of the rest below 5th need to get points to be safe.
As we stand now,any of them would want us as their next game,home or away.

If I was Moyes, West Ham seems a better option. I cannot see him enjoying being dictated to by Brands. At least at West Ham he will succeed or fail on his own merits

I would welcome Moyes at least he would not waste millions on no name players like Kean and Tosun. His football might not have been exciting but we were solid at the back. It is time for Silva to move on somewhere else at this rate we will be in the bottom 3 for Christmas. When you are 1-1 away to the side in 3rd place you close up the back play 5 and take the point not this fool Silva. Get him out Moyes was recognised by Sir Alex for having some credible managerial skills Hope the owner gets rid of Kenright he is past his sell by date

I would welcome Moyes at least he would not waste millions on no name players like Kean and Tosun. His football might not have been exciting but we were solid at the back. It is time for Silva to move on somewhere else at this rate we will be in the bottom 3 for Christmas. When you are 1-1 away to the side in 3rd place you close up the back play 5 and take the point not this fool Silva. Get him out Moyes was recognised by Sir Alex for having some credible managerial skills Hope the owner gets rid of Kenright he is past his sell by date

The irony of saying Kenwright is past his sell by date while advocating David Moyes, the man who Kenwright alone wants to bring back. Nobody else, Bill Kenwright. Moyes a manager who has failed everywhere else he’s went after leaving Everton and no other club has touched for 18 months. What does that tell you about sell by dates?

Moyes and the club have realised that the fans do not want him. I think that all the media talk in the last couple of weeks were feelers by the club to gauge fans reaction to his possible return.
The negative reaction from fans before his appointment would certainly result in a hostile reaction if he was not able to improve results immediately.

He handled his leaving of our club badly and is now paying the price.

If Moyes was going to be replacing silva he would be in charge by now...clearly we are looking further afield...perhaps a manager currently contracted with another club which would slow things down.

Moyes and the club have realised that the fans do not want him. I think that all the media talk in the last couple of weeks were feelers by the club to gauge fans reaction to his possible return.
The negative reaction from fans before his appointment would certainly result in a hostile reaction if he was not able to improve results immediately.

He handled his leaving of our club badly and is now paying the price.

Stinks like Big Sam to me.

We approached him, then backed off once the negative reaction came, then had to go back and stick more zeros on his contract.

Stinks like Big Sam to me.

We approached him, then backed off once the negative reaction came, then had to go back and stick more zeros on his contract.

I think this is Kenwrights plan to be honest. Wait for a couple of hammering and the narrative will change. It may not be a move to open support, but people may just accept and stop protesting against such an appointment.

I think this is Kenwrights plan to be honest. Wait for a couple of hammering and the narrative will change. It may not be a move to open support, but people may just accept and stop protesting against such an appointment.

I personally think we have had nothing but "Come back to me in May" replies from the majority of people we have approached.

No sane manager would be leaving a club to join a club that from the outside is sleepwalking to relegation.

I personally think we have had nothing but "Come back to me in May" replies from the majority of people we have approached.

No sane manager would be leaving a club to join a club that from the outside is sleepwalking to relegation.

It's funny really. Take Eddie Howe, I'm surprised he hasn't considered it. Bournemouth are barely above us in the league. There's a great opportunity, with a moderate uptake in form to move us from 17th to 8th or so and proclaim yourself as a saviour and buy yourself a fair bit of time. I'm surprised more people haven't seen it.

Barring a hammering against Liverpool I think Silva will get the Chelsea game. A defeat against Chelsea though will see Moyes come in.

It's funny really. Take Eddie Howe, I'm surprised he hasn't considered it. Bournemouth are barely above us in the league. There's a great opportunity, with a moderate uptake in form to move us from 17th to 8th or so and proclaim yourself as a saviour and buy yourself a fair bit of time. I'm surprised more people haven't seen it.

Barring a hammering against Liverpool I think Silva will get the Chelsea game. A defeat against Chelsea though will see Moyes come in.

I dont even think we have approached Eddie Howe.

Im almost certain Brands can see what I see, a nothing manager that has never done anything of note in the game.

If he was getting Bournemouth amongst it then I would be very impressed, but his whole appeal seems to be that he has kept a team in the league.

Hell whats Paul Jewell doing these days?

As you say, bar a 4 or 5 nil on Wednesday I agree that Silva will be given Chelsea, hindsight will dictate how that goes, but my God he better hope Chelsea dont score first.

As for who comes in, im at a loss, I thought Moyes was nailed on, now im not as sure.

The irony of saying Kenwright is past his sell by date while advocating David Moyes, the man who Kenwright alone wants to bring back. Nobody else, Bill Kenwright. Moyes a manager who has failed everywhere else he’s went after leaving Everton and no other club has touched for 18 months. What does that tell you about sell by dates?

When we look back, I don't think Moyes is poor in Man Utd and West Ham, the overall win percentage of Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho are similar (5x%). Moyes obtained first 8 in European league. I also think he did quite good in West Ham, he lead a team in relegation zone without spirit, limited healthy players, and finally got 13th rank at last.

When we look back, I don't think Moyes is poor in Man Utd and West Ham, the overall win percentage of Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho are similar (5x%). Moyes obtained first 8 in European league. I also think he did quite good in West Ham, he lead a team in relegation zone without spirit, limited healthy players, and finally got 13th rank at last.
Moyes took over a winning machine at Utd the others took over his mess

I dont even think we have approached Eddie Howe.

Im almost certain Brands can see what I see, a nothing manager that has never done anything of note in the game.

If he was getting Bournemouth amongst it then I would be very impressed, but his whole appeal seems to be that he has kept a team in the league.

Hell whats Paul Jewell doing these days?

As you say, bar a 4 or 5 nil on Wednesday I agree that Silva will be given Chelsea, hindsight will dictate how that goes, but my God he better hope Chelsea dont score first.

As for who comes in, im at a loss, I thought Moyes was nailed on, now im not as sure.

Someone has fed multiple journos the idea that he's a target.

Why do that unless they want to gauge reaction to his potential appointment? Why do that unless they have good reason to believe he'd be open to an approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.