Moutinho - all talk in here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this might have been covered, but who from the sporting team would improve everton in your opinion?

Well, there are a few very young players.

But the likes of Moutinho or Veloso would improve the side. Apart this two, you can consider Vukcevic, who can play left midfielder, attacking midfielder and as a striker. Very, very talented lad.

Izmailov is also another player who would add something to the team. First of all, he knows how to play on the wings but he can cut inside and is a superb finisher. He's prone to injuries, though.

Abel is a full back, and besides not being a first quality player, I'd rate him higher than any of our right backs.

Liedson...he can score anywhere in the world. He really can. And with a strong lad like Yakubu at his side, his quickness and sharpness in small spaces would make him lethal. He's a real fox in the box, besides being a very hard working player.

There is a kid who's starting to show some signs of promise, Pereirinha. He's a very very clever lad, in the same mould Moutinho, he is very disciplined, tactical is almost perfect and he has pace. He even played as full back and with great ability I must say. He can play anywhere in the midfield, but I think he'll establish himself as a wide player in the midifeld(not necessarly a winger but a wide player).

Caneira could play as full back or as center half. But he's short in height which would make him a full back more often in england.

This year we brought in Rochemback, who failed to perform at Boro, but I still think that in the right club with right players around him he would have proven to be a success in england.

Pienaar, Osman, Fernandes and Arteta would all do well in Portugal. Lescott, Yobo and Baines would aswell. Yakubu definatly would and Van der Meyde. Howard would aswell.

Other than that no one. Cahill wouldn't be good in Portugal, he's not technical enough and would just be an average player over there. He's probably be converted into an out and out striker.

As I said, the center backs present doubts to me as the style of play is really different. Osman wouldn't be a first team player in any of the big three. Manny might be able to play in Benfica. In Porto or Sporting he would warm the bench a lot of times but would definitely play many many matches. I'd welcome him in Sporting for sure.

Pienaar would fit in one of the wings for Benfica, probably.

Van der Meyde, well I guess he wouldn't because the nightlife here in Lisbon is pretty appealing. :D

As I said, the center backs present doubts to me as the style of play is really different. Osman wouldn't be a first team player in any of the big three. Manny might be able to play in Benfica. In Porto or Sporting he would warm the bench a lot of times but would definitely play many many matches. I'd welcome him in Sporting for sure.

Pienaar would fit in one of the wings for Benfica, probably.

Van der Meyde, well I guess he wouldn't because the nightlife here in Lisbon is pretty appealing. :D

If Luisão can play in Portugal then Lescott can. Lescott is good on the ball, has pace, strength and is good in the air. He'd be able to play in any League. Yobo used to play in France, the game is alot slower there and it is more about positioning, agility etc. He'd also be fine.

A fully fit Fernandes for me would walk into your team, I think he's better than Veloso personally. He has more to his game and if he had any stability he'd be at a higher level than him. Obviously you'll disagree but you are a Sporting fan. Arteta would also walk into your team and would probably be your best midfielder.;)

Pienaar and Osman would probably be squad players although I think Pienaar would suprise a few. He was good at Ajax which is a similar League. The old Van der Meyde would do well in Portugal aswell.

If Luisão can play in Portugal then Lescott can. Lescott is good on the ball, has pace, strength and is good in the air. He'd be able to play in any League. Yobo used to play in France, the game is alot slower there and it is more about positioning, agility etc. He'd also be fine.

A fully fit Fernandes for me would walk into your team, I think he's better than Veloso personally. He has more to his game and if he had any stability he'd be at a higher level than him. Obviously you'll disagree but you are a Sporting fan. Arteta would also walk into your team and would probably be your best midfielder.;)

Pienaar and Osman would probably be squad players although I think Pienaar would suprise a few. He was good at Ajax which is a similar League. The old Van der Meyde would do well in Portugal aswell.

Well Luisao wouldn't play for Sporting, that's for sure. :D

Ask Dr. Liedson... the little guy has scored headers right under Luisao's nose. Luisao is Liedson's finest customer, if you know what I mean. :D

The old VDM would have made it at Everton. The problem is VDM is not the old one anymore.

Fernandes...he wouldn't snap Veloso's place... not a chance.

Yobo, well Yobo has come a long way since France. It's been a long time since those days. A lot has changed and he sure is a different player. But as I said a center back is one of those positions you have to be in the stadium to see how they position when the team is in possession or how do they control the opponents off the ball movements.

Arteta Would play as number 10, agree. He would replace Romagnoli, but at Benfica he would have to dislodge Aimar...tough one, I'd say.

The dutch league is a lot different. Here, most teams are defensive. They play in the counter, in what I call the coward football always stabbing your opponents in the back. dutch football is more about attacking mentality.

Small teams play with 2 open wingers upfront but without the classic striker. It's a cunning football at times. :D

Well Luisao wouldn't play for Sporting, that's for sure. :D

Ask Dr. Liedson... the little guy has scored headers right under Luisao's nose. Luisao is Liedson's finest customer, if you know what I mean. :D

The old VDM would have made it at Everton. The problem is VDM is not the old one anymore.

Fernandes...he wouldn't snap Veloso's place... not a chance.

Yobo, well Yobo has come a long way since France. It's been a long time since those days. A lot has changed and he sure is a different player. But as I said a center back is one of those positions you have to be in the stadium to see how they position when the team is in possession or how do they control the opponents off the ball movements.

Arteta Would play as number 10, agree. He would replace Romagnoli, but at Benfica he would have to dislodge Aimar...tough one, I'd say.

The dutch league is a lot different. Here, most teams are defensive. They play in the counter, in what I call the coward football always stabbing your opponents in the back. dutch football is more about attacking mentality.

Small teams play with 2 open wingers upfront but without the classic striker. It's a cunning football at times. :D

Arteta pisses all over Aimar. I rate Aimar but Arteta has more to his game and shows alot more consistency. Arteta would definatly be one of the best midfielders in Portugal. I don't think he'd be a number 10 either. I think he'd be a centre midfielder.

I look at Fernandes and Veloso and there very similar. Both deep lying midfielders who can both both short and long effectively. I just think Manuel has more to his game. Physically he's better. Fernandes isn't as tall but he's strong and has excellent shielding techniques. He's similar to Anderson at Man utd the way he shields the ball. He's also quicker and has more flair. I think if Fernandes gets himself settled he'll overtake Veloso. He has a potentially more rounded game than Veloso.

I know the Dutch and Portuguese leagues aren't exactly the same but the tempo is similar and you get more time on the ball. Pienaar when he's got space is a classy player. He's a pass and move, one touch player and like Moutinho his workrate, attitude and versatilty make him a valuable player. He'd definatly have a chance at Sporting.

VDM is back. He's having an excellent pre-season and will be like a new signing.:lol:

Arteta pisses all over Aimar. I rate Aimar but Arteta has more to his game and shows alot more consistency. Arteta would definatly be one of the best midfielders in Portugal. I don't think he'd be a number 10 either. I think he'd be a centre midfielder.

I look at Fernandes and Veloso and there very similar. Both deep lying midfielders who can both both short and long effectively. I just think Manuel has more to his game. Physically he's better. Fernandes isn't as tall but he's strong and has excellent shielding techniques. He's similar to Anderson at Man utd the way he shields the ball. He's also quicker and has more flair. I think if Fernandes gets himself settled he'll overtake Veloso. He has a potentially more rounded game than Veloso.

I know the Dutch and Portuguese leagues aren't exactly the same but the tempo is similar and you get more time on the ball. Pienaar when he's got space is a classy player. He's a pass and move, one touch player and like Moutinho his workrate, attitude and versatilty make him a valuable player. He'd definatly have a chance at Sporting.

VDM is back. He's having an excellent pre-season and will be like a new signing.:lol:

In Sporting, Arteta would have to be number 10. That would be the best suited position, because Sporting plays in a diamond formation.

One question, would Arteta dislodge Rui Costa? Impossible, mate.

One of the greatest crimes was to make Rui Costa quit football this season. Clearly Rui Costa would still be one of the top 5 number 10 in world.

In Sporting, Arteta would have to be number 10. That would be the best suited position, because Sporting plays in a diamond formation.

One question, would Arteta dislodge Rui Costa? Impossible, mate.

One of the greatest crimes was to make Rui Costa quit football this season. Clearly Rui Costa would still be one of the top 5 number 10 in world.

Arteta isn't a number 10, I don't think so anyway. He's better in the middle of the park where he can see everything. He's tenacious, he works hard and he has the creative and technical qualities to go with it.

If your playing a diamond formation I'd play him on the left or the right of the diamond. Don't get me wrong he could easily play as a number 10 but I don't think that his best position.

I agree Rui Costa was sheer class.

we have made an official of 23 million euros according to A Bola but they want 25 million euros.

shame that the euro is so strong.

we are being linked with two 20 million pound players.

*rubs eyes. ' i'm seeing double... four krusties!'

Which bank have we robbed then? Can someone post the translation please
Posted via Mobile Device

In A Bola, they say that everton are prepared to table a bid of 23M euros, but the installments may pose a real problem.

In Record, it is said that Everton have already made an official bid but only offered 15M euros, which was refused right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.