Transfer Rumour Moussa Sissoko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... remember the last time Newcastle sold a donk, er player for £35 million... Andy Carroll ?

wouldn't pay anything over £10m. would be a good squad option for that, the form he showed in the euros is nowhere near what he shows for the other 11 months of the year. Can't see us going anywhere near that sort of fee for a championship player though.

He's a championship player end of the day, worth no more than £10 million. Hunter is just trying to glamourise this Pogba story like every other journo. No chance in hell anybody will pay 35 million for him.

Some of you are nuts. Sissoko is a quality player and a very sold midfielder with PL experience. £35m is high, but why does anyone care how much he is?. We have money to spend and if Koeman wants him then i'll trust him.

Just shows how much football has changed over the past 20 years

15 Million back then got you Alan Shearer, possibly the League's best player at the time

35 Million today gets you a relegated player who did practically naff all in said relegation season

I remember people thought the world was ending when Shearer went for so much money. These days 15 Million is the transfer fee for a Top Championship Player

The bubble will burst one day, it just has to

Yeah but compare that amount to 15 years before that when Gerry Francis was going for 1 million. 15 times the amount of shearer. 35 million now is like 9 million in 1998 and like 350k in 1982

Bit tin foil hat but reckon the club could have leaked this story to force some hands elsewhere?

Think that could well be the case. Showing other clubs/agents that we mean business and will look at other targets.

From all the usually reliable info (I trust Esk that he shares the info that is correct at that time, as far as he knows) then we're still in for Witsel and are starting talks with Carvalho's people, so it may be just showing that we won't be messed about... who knows.

The thought of selling Stones for £55m and then buying Witsel and Sissoko for £70m would be terrible imo.
We probably have players from the U21 who would show far more desire, commitment and possibly ability than some of these overhyped individuals we are being linked with. I hope we do break our transfer record this summer, but please let it be on someone who will truly bring an upsurge in ability to the entire team.

One of frances best and most important players at the euros but terrible for newcastle last season defo not worth £35mil wijnaldum would have been better

Mario Gotze has just got for much less which sums it up for me.. Why does any team even entertain buying from another Premier League club

Status
Not open for further replies.