Transfer Rumour Moussa Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.
need 2 strikers in, if we can get him and his wages are not insane, I think we should do it. The story in March/ April was that we had a deal agreed in principle to pay him £4.4m a season and a 4 year contract, as long as we stayed in the premier league, if that's correct and we get him for that, I think its a good deal.

His overall record is 56 in 129, not to be sniffed at. Cant pretend I’ve seen him outside of YouTube but on a free and on less than stupid wages he’d be worth a punt. Willing to bet there’s a team that’ll chuck him £100k p/w though and it shouldn’t be us.
His overall record isnt bad for two powerhouse clubs in the French and Scottish leagues but i wouldnt get too excited about that. It will be stupid wages which at the mo we havent got. Im not commenting on him anymore as i dont think we are getting him anyway and i think he would be shabite.

Sounds like the kind of poor signing we have been making in recent years. There will be a big signing on fee and very high wages.

On the other hand, he is at a good age, no transfer fee, does have a good scoring record and would probably like to come back to the Premiership.

Ideally I would prefer not to be signing players like this but we most likely will have little to spend this summer and he may be one of the few players we can afford who has had a decent career.
Paragraphs one and two are the definition of contradiction

Rondon was an amazing player for everton, if he was just given time to adjust to the premier leauge, he would have been a prospect.
1686295416655.jpeg

need 2 strikers in, if we can get him and his wages are not insane, I think we should do it. The story in March/ April was that we had a deal agreed in principle to pay him £4.4m a season and a 4 year contract, as long as we stayed in the premier league, if that's correct and we get him for that, I think its a good deal.

£85k a week is about £25-30k a week more than he was getting (€60k a week) so it seems within the bounds of reality.

Probs give him a couple of million sign on too.

Agree - good deal.

£85k a week is about £25-30k a week more than he was getting (€60k a week) so it seems within the bounds of reality.

Probs give him a couple of million sign on too.

Agree - good deal.
If we got him for that he would be well worth it.
Offsetting against Gomes wages means we would gain a future saleable asset for a small fee and would bring a complete different option for us.
26 years old, worse case he's turd and we flog him in a couple of years for £5-10m.
On the flip side if he can come in and score 10 goals+ a season he takes us to midtable comfortableness!
He won't come though 😔

Paragraphs one and two are the definition of contradiction
Absolutely.

I would be totally conflicted about signing Dembele.

The type of signing that I believe has landed us in the mess we are in, but also the only type of signing we may be able to make if looking for a striker with reasonable pedigree.

Status
Not open for further replies.