[226]

Mourinho on the touchline against Leicester City in August 2014
Chelsea
Inter Milan[226]
Real Madrid[226]
Manchester United
Individual

But what has he done for me lately? :)

They weren't moaning when they won league titles.. Christ zadane went on to win 3 champs leagues with the players Jose bought in

Yes and which player has been absolutely instrumental through that purple patch? Modric. The player Mourinho wouldn’t play because he doesn’t track back enough for his liking!

One of the greatest trophy winners of our generation if not the greatest ..... but not good enough for us

You’re clearly confusing the Mourinho of 10 years ago, who would shield his players from negative press and nurture a togetherness within squads that would ultimately lead to titles with modern Mourinho who throws players under the bus to save himself being called nasty names by the press.

His only chance of winning anything these days is joining a club with an already great squad so that he might bag some silverware before everyone realises what a bell he is. He’d laugh his head off if we offered him a job and mine would fall off if he took it.

I would sooner have Conte who is also out of a job currently.

Trophy in both seasons in this league.

Not saying we are looking for a managerial change, but if results and likewise performances continue to unravel, then he would be a solid replacement.

...what a strange thread.

I like Mourinho but my response would be no. I remember Ray Wilkins saying there are two types of ‘P’ transfer strategy’s - ‘Proven’ and ‘Potential’. He said Mourinho likes to buy ‘Proven’. The problem with that strategy is it needs strong financial backing and there’s lots of churn.

Appointing a manager is lots to do with ‘right place, right time’. I don’t think Mourinho ticks either box.

Anyone who doesnt think Mourinho is worth a go if he is remotely interested should be sectioned.

Jesus wept, look what we have now and what we have had in the last 20 odd years.

He is a proven, serial winner at the highest level of football. He would attempt to change the pathetic apathetic acceptance of mediocraty
that has pervaded the club for many years,

He may not last long if he does brilliantly or horribly but it would be a great ride, the best chance we have of trophies and could change the mentallity of the club going forward.

He won the league 3 years ago. Won the Europa League 18 months ago and has won 2 league cups in that same period with both Chelsea and United.

We are in no position to scoff at that sort of recent record. I’d snatch your hand off for a league cup. I’m still fuming that Marco didn’t take it as seriously as he should have. We might’ve been going to Wembley next month.

IF we could attract Mourinho (and I don’t think we can - plus he’s a certainty for Bayern) then we’d obviously go for him. Just because it didn’t work out for him at United and he only does 3 year, trophy laden stints at clubs, if all he delivered here was a league cup or an FA cup he’d be a legend.

No, but we are absolutely should take the position to think long term. Mourinho is great if you want to win a trophy over a short period of time even if that means adopting anti-football principles, and are happy to throw £500m for him to do that with. But if you want to extend that success beyond 2-3 years then expect to have to start all over again building a squad.

Yes he’s won things recently. With teams that have tier 1 players. In fact, with the squads at his disposal he’s done no more than what would be expected of him. He’ll achieve no such glory with this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.