Moshiri's Mess???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaClausisanEvertonian

Player Valuation: £10m
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing my friends but consider this for a moment.
How different might things be if Moshiri hadn't made the panic appointment of the fat fraud in November 2017?
Contrary to what the pundits believe, he didn't 'save' us. Any half-decent coach would have easily done enough to keep us in the top half.
Contrary to his 18 months contract, nobody (including himself I guess) expected him to be in charge for 2018/2019.
It's a massive 'what if', but what if Moshiri had gone all out for a long-term replacement in late 2017, OR simply appointed a caretaker (a la Solskjaer) until a suitable choice became available?
I feel it's not so much the Silva appointment that has taken us backwards, but the appointment of Allardyce and the treading water during his awful time in charge.
As I've said, hindsight is a wonderful thing but Moshiri comes out of the last 18 months or so with very little credibility in my opinion, despite his billions.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing my friends but consider this for a moment.
How different might things be if Moshiri hadn't made the panic appointment of the fat fraud in November 2017?
Contrary to what the pundits believe, he didn't 'save' us. Any half-decent coach would have easily done enough to keep us in the top half.
Contrary to his 18 months contract, nobody (including himself I guess) expected him to be in charge for 2018/2019.
It's a massive 'what if', but what if Moshiri had gone all out for a long-term replacement in late 2017, OR simply appointed a caretaker (a la Solskjaer) until a suitable choice became available?
I feel it's not so much the Silva appointment that has taken us backwards, but the appointment of Allardyce and the treading water during his awful time in charge.
As I've said, hindsight is a wonderful thing but Moshiri comes out of the last 18 months or so with very little credibility in my opinion, despite his billions.
laughable to attempt to pin Silva's woeful mismanagement on a bloke who did what he was asked to do on a short term contract.

I'd step back one and say appointing Koeman and Walsh were all instrumental in our malaise.

Don't get me wrong, Bobby was taking us nowhere, but Mosh was supposed to take us onwards and upwards. He hasn't.

Dont be daft mate, Fat Sam didnt do anything wrong, he came here because were a mess, left and are now worse.

Moshiri has been a big let down though, but fat head is the last thing we should be worried about or holding against him

Koeman was the biggest mistake in the club’s history.

Walsh takes a lot of stick. He should never have been given the DoF title, he was a head scout.

I don’t believe for a second that Walsh signed Sigurdsson or Williams or Bolasie or Cuco or Keane or decided to extend Mirallas. Gana & Lookman would be Walsh’s work. The overpriced dross all have Koeman written all over them.

Walsh takes a lot of stick. He should never have been given the DoF title, he was a head scout.

I don’t believe for a second that Walsh signed Sigurdsson or Williams or Bolasie or Cuco or Keane or decided to extend Mirallas. Gana & Lookman would be Walsh’s work. The overpriced dross all have Koeman written all over them.

Would love to know who signed Rooney though.

To me all a DOF is is an overpromoted head scout. They get the power of the manager without the responsibility. They always have a fall guy they can blame when things don’t work out - the head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.