2017/18 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin was the better of the 2 last season, I always thought myself that Gana wasn't the same player since he came back from that African cup of nations, coincided with us bringing Schneiderlin in, just my opinion like.
Is he being asked to play a different game,looks like gana is trying to play a bit more he doesn't seem to be snapping around as much as last season he doesn't look as comfortable to me,just my opinion like.

Poor bloke is being asked to play like something of a playmaker from deep - which he doesn't appear to be comfortable with since the 5 dopes in front of him don't make any runs off the ball. His passing range isn't brilliant anyway.

Is he being asked to play a different game,looks like gana is trying to play a bit more he doesn't seem to be snapping around as much as last season he doesn't look as comfortable to me,just my opinion like.

Looks like Gana is being asked to be the player out of the two to be more attacking, and it doesn't suit his game (his shooting is dead funny) as you say, snapping around the pitch, winning the ball, is what his game is all about.

Agree he has been poor this season, but you can't pass a ball forward if there is no-one to pass to. His great strength is spraying the ball around, picking out players all over the place. The shape of the side has been so poor this season (3 number 10s, no width etc) that alot of the time there is no-one in a good position to pass to - thats why he has been "passing sideways" so much. A sideways pass is the right pass if there is nothing else on.

If the shape of the side is sorted out, he will have a chance of getting back to the form he showed last season.He is brilliant at keeping the ball moving and linking up play. I do agree he could perhaps do more to take the game by the scruff of the neck..... but that could perhaps be said of the whole side.

Also - he's not the same sort of player as Gana, so disagree with those who say they can't play in the same side. Schnederlin is more of a play maker, just because he sits deep that doesn't make him a defensive mid. Maybe he should get up and down the pitch more. Actually IMO defending is one of the aspects of his game that could do with improving - the "tackle" for the Burnley goal being a good example.

Also - he's not the same sort of player as Gana, so disagree with those who say they can't play in the same side. Schnederlin is more of a play maker, just because he sits deep that doesn't make him a defensive mid. Maybe he should get up and down the pitch more. Actually IMO defending is one of the aspects of his game that could do with improving - the "tackle" for the Burnley goal being a good example.
Often think that myself

Looked awful in pre-season and that form has continued into this season

The other problem is that now that Barry has left, there's nobody else who can play as a proper holding midfielder. Davies and Gana are both ball-winners but neither have the positional sense to play as a proper holding midfielder. That kind of means that Schneiderlin has to play by default (unless you think Besic is a viable alternative). This is a huge issue as every player needs both competition and the potential to be rested where necessary

Neither Baines nor Schneiderlin have proper competition for their place and its an enormous issue IMO

Poor bloke is being asked to play like something of a playmaker from deep - which he doesn't appear to be comfortable with since the 5 dopes in front of him don't make any runs off the ball. His passing range isn't brilliant anyway.

I feel like he is a good player when played right but Ronald isnt doing that. Maybe that is why Jose didnt want him, what he is good at doing Jose didnt want and prefered Felliani, so he didnt need him at United, so Ronald took him and shoe horned him into a side that dosent suit him, making him and Gana worse then they should be. Its a mess that midfield partnership.
Gana is a great player, Morgan is a very good player but together they dont make a good pair

Agree he has been poor this season, but you can't pass a ball forward if there is no-one to pass to. His great strength is spraying the ball around, picking out players all over the place. The shape of the side has been so poor this season (3 number 10s, no width etc) that alot of the time there is no-one in a good position to pass to - thats why he has been "passing sideways" so much. A sideways pass is the right pass if there is nothing else on.

If the shape of the side is sorted out, he will have a chance of getting back to the form he showed last season.He is brilliant at keeping the ball moving and linking up play. I do agree he could perhaps do more to take the game by the scruff of the neck..... but that could perhaps be said of the whole side.

With respect and purely imo, what a load of rubbish.
He's slow on the ball, ponderous and shirks responsibility by constantly giving the ball to Williams. The reason there aren't any options ahead of him is because
A) he shows no continuity in his play, those ahead aren't mind readers ffs
B) he doesn't disrupt the opposition by using the space in front of him
C) he takes 4 weeks to make a decision on what he's doing thus the opposition dropping deeper and crowding our advanced players.

You're trying your best to find a way of defending a good player who's just woefully out of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.