2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manuel Fernandes is on a free. We are looking real short in midfield.

Over to you Marco and Luis, use all your Portuguese connections and make it happen. Imagine him and Gomes btw?

Manuel Fernandes is on a free. We are looking real short in midfield.

Over to you Marco and Luis, use all your Portuguese connections and make it happen. Imagine him and Gomes btw?
The former Lokomotiv player? He's 33 years old and couldn't make a tackle to save his life. I can definitely imagine us picking the ball out of the back of our own net a lot. Gomes is already a poor defensive player.

Even with Delph hurt assuming Gomes is a goer, we are fine. Siggy/Gomes and either Gbamin or Delph. Give Gbamin an entire week of work and he'll be okay. Maybe not amazing yet, but he'll be okay.

The former Lokomotiv player? He's 33 years old and couldn't make a tackle to save his life. I can definitely imagine us picking the ball out of the back of our own net a lot. Gomes is already a poor defensive player.

Even with Delph hurt assuming Gomes is a goer, we are fine. Siggy/Gomes and either Gbamin or Delph. Give Gbamin an entire week of work and he'll be okay. Maybe not amazing yet, but he'll be okay.

The former Everton player, and he is still quality, great in possession, good passer of the ball and reader of the game.

Sigurdsson is hardly a great tackler either now is he.

He was kneeling on the ground pounding it like a baby for the first one. He'll get booked every time for that, and rightly so. Embarrassing

Yer suppose it's a yellow all day for the behaviour, but I haven't got a problem with players showing a bit of passion when conceding free kicks etc like that

just went a bit OTT

Serious question mate, have you seen him play in the last decade?

I'm not going to claim I watch the Russian league like some, but I've always kept an eye out for him from afar and ive seen clips of him, also he played for Portugal in the last World Cup, so not like he dropped off a cliff.

We’re only looking short because we have 2 injured and one suspended. You can’t plan a squad around that otherwise you’d have 40 players.

Not saying it could be helped, just stating a fact. If Gomes is anything more than a strain, we have Davies and Gbamin.

I actually think Schneiderlin is a decent player, but I sometimes question his mentality. And unlike many others, I like Davies too, and feel there's a player there. But the idea of him and an inexperienced new signing being our centre pairing is a concern.

On a free, I could think of worse players to have, and another positive is he will know Gomes from the national team, and will further the Portuguese contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.