2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I was a bit busy yesterday, so I haven’t been able to analyse his performance or the incidents that led to the sending off but I have long doubted Schneiderlin’s professionalism. It has been widely reported he was particularly keen on a move to Turkey in this window and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s sulking.

Only conjecture, of course, but I tend not to trust players who often perform like the game doesn’t matter.

There was a lot of suggestions he got himself sent off in the Europa game on purpose. I wouldn't necessarily say he was a model pro. Yesterday though I don't see anything untoward. He was a bit slow with both tackles and they were a bit silly, I suppose showing a lack of concentration which can occur early into seasons when you feel a bit tired.

I actually think when playing well Schneiderlin is a very good player. I remember him playing for United against us a few years back, we were on a good run and they beat us 3-0 and he absolutely ran the game from midfield. I couldn't understand why he didn't play every game for them. Having had him for 3 years I can see exactly why he doesn't.

Silva clearly likes him though. At this stage thats probably enough. To be successful it means working with people you don't like much.

There was a lot of suggestions he got himself sent off in the Europa game on purpose. I wouldn't necessarily say he was a model pro. Yesterday though I don't see anything untoward. He was a bit slow with both tackles and they were a bit silly, I suppose showing a lack of concentration which can occur early into seasons when you feel a bit tired.

I actually think when playing well Schneiderlin is a very good player. I remember him playing for United against us a few years back, we were on a good run and they beat us 3-0 and he absolutely ran the game from midfield. I couldn't understand why he didn't play every game for them. Having had him for 3 years I can see exactly why he doesn't.

Silva clearly likes him though. At this stage thats probably enough. To be successful it means working with people you don't like much.

...he’s a good footballer and good footballers produce good performances. It’s his application I question.

I was talking to somebody yesterday who very much knows Everton players, and he poured doubt over Schneiderlin’s dedication but I think we all suspect that anyway. I’m not certain Silva likes him, but he’s had to use him and generally Schneiderlin has done well, but the Manager will know he can’t be trusted.

...he’s a good footballer and good footballers produce good performances. It’s his application I question.

I was talking to somebody yesterday who very much knows Everton players, and he poured doubt over Schneiderlin’s dedication but I think we all suspect that anyway. I’m not certain Silva likes him, but he’s had to use him and generally Schneiderlin has done well, but the Manager will know he can’t be trusted.

Yes I don't think that comes as any great surprise. He seems to go from being a top draw number 6 to looking innocuous for runs of games quite quickly, often for no good reason (though happy to concede the death of his father is a good reason last year). I don't think that occurs with anyone, never mind footballers if they are truly professional in their approach.

The question is, to what extent do you tolerate such an approach. I think he the right offer had come in for him, he'd have been moved on. However until that happens, the manager is right to try and utilise him.

The stats someone produced above are incredible too. In his last 10 Everton appearances, no defeats and 9 clean sheets out of 10. These are elite numbers for a defensive midfielder. Yet you think of some of his other displays, and you wonder how can a player with such ability have allowed himself to have made so little of his career post Southampton.

Beating the ground was like a spoilt kid not getting their own way! I hope that was his last game for us. I would always play Davies ahead of him. At least Davies runs forward occasionally. Morgan is the last resort!

Maybe already posted somewhere but very interesting..

The Crystal Palace game is down twice, didn’t he play in the Fulham game away, when we got beat 2-0.

Also on another Everton website, a fan insisted the referee never got the yellow card out until Schneiderlin verbally had a go at him, I never saw the game myself, just quoting the post.

Despite his petulant response to the first foul being given, a yellow card baffled me when you see players shouting 'eff off' to referees week in, week out after the award of free kicks and it just gets ignored...

I love this thread. Shows how great our fans support their team right from the first game of the season.

As for Morgan, he seemed fired up and that's the right mentality we need in midfield. Hopefully his decision will improve on when to tackle.
I honestly don't think we will see him again, until Silva puts out the usual 'diminished team' in that Caribou cup thing.
Rightly so. Should have been banished to the shadow realm 2 seasons ago

You don’t make tackles like that when you are already on a yellow. You dare the ref to send you off. If anyone remembers the City game in Koeman’s second year, he went in with a reckless challenge (he won the ball I think) and got a second yellow. Regardless of whether the second yellow was fair or not, he put himself in that situation.

It just shows a lack of professionalism. Silva needs to have a serious word with him.

And also, Schneiderlin definitely catches the boot on the replay. He was begging for a yellow when he slammed the ground

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.