2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely hope so. Imagine having a holding 6 that was actually a great athlete. We'd be so much more difficult to play against.

Seeing as Silva highlighted Schneiderlin as his choice of 6 at the start of the season..

I think we will begin morphing into a playmaking 6 with 2 box to box midfielders.

If we can remove Schneiderlin for £10mil (somehow) and his £100k a week wages + Besic + McCarthy I can see us bringing in someone of that ilk.

Would keep him if he's happy as a squad player but think the club will sell due to his high wages.

McCarthy, Besic and Davies should be out the door before this guy regardless of his wages imo.

Seeing as Silva highlighted Schneiderlin as his choice of 6 at the start of the season..

I think we will begin morphing into a playmaking 6 with 2 box to box midfielders.

If we can remove Schneiderlin for £10mil (somehow) and his £100k a week wages + Besic + McCarthy I can see us bringing in someone of that ilk.

We'll bring in a true 6, but we aren't playing with twin box to box players in front of a 6. Silva has never played that way I don't think. At Sporting, he had William Carvalho and played Joao Mario and Adrien Silva in front of him. Are those two box to box players? Not really. Adrien Silva maybe, but Joao Mario surely isn't.

At Watford, it was usually Doucoure / Chalobah with Cleverly in front of him or sometimes Doucoure behind Cleverly and Hughes.

If he plays a true 6, he usually plays a box to box in front with a playmaker either deeper (Hughes/Cleverly/Mario) or advanced (Siggy). If he doesn't play with a 6, it's twin DM/CMs like Doucoure / Chalobah.

Good player we need to keep.
Good player? Maybe when the team are performing. Let’s not forget he went missing when the chips were down, and completely stopped performing in that god forsaken season last year. Oh, and if you believe the press, he opted out of a training session when big Dunc offered him that option.
He did ok when he stepped in for Gomes, but let’s be honest, against Man Utd at home, he was looking extremely shaky and tentative until we scored. Again, emphasising my point that unless we are playing well, he doesn’t show.
He needs to be sold. End of.

Good player? Maybe when the team are performing. Let’s not forget he went missing when the chips were down, and completely stopped performing in that god forsaken season last year. Oh, and if you believe the press, he opted out of a training session when big Dunc offered him that option.
He did ok when he stepped in for Gomes, but let’s be honest, against Man Utd at home, he was looking extremely shaky and tentative until we scored. Again, emphasising my point that unless we are playing well, he doesn’t show.
He's okay and he's making 100K. This will likely be our last time to get a fee for him. Move him immediately.

no he wasn't. He was excellent all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.