2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the day after your dad dies doesn't strike at downing tools - that will have been his choice not the managers. I think he's probably had a lot going on behind the scenes.

He downed tools a long time before his dad died.

The disgraceful challenge which many believe was a deliberate attempt to get himself sent off at Lyon and Mirrallasgate were nearly a whole year before his tragic loss.

Done a good impression of that most of his time here.
Like zouma. Im not getting swayed by the odd performance here and there. We have to be going all out for players with a bit more consistency. Not that easy to find i know. But Not ones who might play when they feel they might be getting shipped out the door.
This isn't being fair to Zouma at all, mate. I think most would agree, generally speaking, that Zouma has been very good this season. He hasn't had any of the horrendous dips in form (or in caring at all) that Morgs has had, regardless of what the reasons were.

There is some revisionism going on in this thread now, innit

Snap the arm of any club willing to pay us what we paid for him....or anything like it :)

This really.

He's not been too bad when called upon for the most part this season but when times are tough and things aren't going well he absolutely loses interest.

I had high hopes for him when he signed but I'd like to see him sold as soon as possible, showed what I think are his true colours last season and that shouldn't be forgotten.

This really.

He's not been too bad when called upon for the most part this season but when times are tough and things aren't going well he absolutely loses interest.

I had high hopes for him when he signed but I'd like to see him sold as soon as possible, showed what I think are his true colours last season and that shouldn't be forgotten.

I agree, for me hes an outstanding player, when in the mood, but hes not got any more hunger left, so his in the moods will be now and again, if at all, sure hes capable of putting in decent performances like the other day, but if the chips were down he would have gone AWOL, like he normally does.

If nothing else he needs a move to re-ignite his fire.

He`d downed tools way before that.

He was sent home from training with Mirralas by Koeman after he called them out over attitude and application.

For his reported 120K a week wages, there`s lots better out there for that money.

Wasn't that with Unsworth? Or did it happen with Koeman too?

Bottom line - can the club, and most importantly Silva and Brands, ever trust Schneiderlin again. As others have posted, I'm not sure they can. Sure he looks good from time to time, but he's not the type of player you count on when needed most.

We've seen it time and again

This isn't being fair to Zouma at all, mate. I think most would agree, generally speaking, that Zouma has been very good this season. He hasn't had any of the horrendous dips in form (or in caring at all) that Morgs has had, regardless of what the reasons were.

I dont think anyone has been good this season to be honest. The first 6 months of the season i would have let them all go.
Not for me. Not long term. And certainly not at any silly price.

I might be wrong, and I really don't think it merits us keeping him but I would I be right in thinking he's our only player with a 100% PL win ratio? Sorry if already posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.