2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said on here sell and move on, maybe bit hasty I've always spouted keep the faith with Calvert lewin boy thank god we did, maybe the same should be with this fella, he is banging the goals in over there we hold all the cards bring him back next season see if he spits the dummy out might get over it .it's football they normally do if it doesn't work out so be it were never gonna lose out financially now imo

I would sell personally. If we do keep and he was happy to play right side of a front 3 it would then allow James to solve the conundrum of who is the third midfielder alongside Allan and Doucoure. If anything happens to DCL either one of Kean or Richarlison could move inside with either James moving onto the right or Gordon or Iwobi coming on. All that said I would rather cash in as he might have been poor last season because he wasn't suited to English football.

This is flawed logic, even though I see the logic.

Champions League clubs have more minutes to go around. A team like PSG have loads more games and play a more attacking style because they have better players - i.e. there is more room for him in the team, in a position that suits him, than there is in a team that plays one up front.
Playing for a top team in a much less competitive league will also offer him more opportunities. As a striker, I suspect it’s more easier.

I would sell personally. If we do keep and he was happy to play right side of a front 3 it would then allow James to solve the conundrum of who is the third midfielder alongside Allan and Doucoure. If anything happens to DCL either one of Kean or Richarlison could move inside with either James moving onto the right or Gordon or Iwobi coming on. All that said I would rather cash in as he might have been poor last season because he wasn't suited to English football.

What conundrum?

BB73FE37-EEB8-4B73-814B-2DB856BE3D58.jpeg

If we have Europe there is no way at Allan's age with his injuries he plays every game. Doucoure will also need rest. Both of them also pick up a few yellows. There will be plenty of games for Tom covering for them two. The third midfielder needs to be the type to get 10-12 goals minimum like Lampard used to for Chelsea. James is the only player we have capable of doing this.

A lot will depend in if we play 2 up top and whether we are in Europe/CL.

Brands shouldn't let him go cheap though. We should be pushing for towards Lukaku money.
If he goes, we certainly want more than we bought him for. Can’t see that we would get Lukaku money as I don’t think he's been playing long enough. Lukaku was high scoring in the premier league for several seasons.

Should still make a tidy profit on him though.

I’d take what we paid, if it was PSG he were to go to they know he likely doesn’t want to come back here so to try and hold a team to ransom for a massive fee might back fire. It would be nice to get 45/50 million for him but I’d be happy with what we paid out. Reinvest and move on

If we have Europe there is no way at Allan's age with his injuries he plays every game. Doucoure will also need rest. Both of them also pick up a few yellows. There will be plenty of games for Tom covering for them two. The third midfielder needs to be the type to get 10-12 goals minimum like Lampard used to for Chelsea. James is the only player we have capable of doing this.

We need to sign another midfielder who can carry the ball (and get into attacking positions). That has to be a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.