2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a Champions League team fighting for the Title.
Absolutely, but second fiddle non the less.

You would think he would have more chance of playing in a team trying to break into European places than a team aiming at the champions league.

I know he wanted to leave, and its obvious that at this stage in project rebuild, Carlo prefers experience. Non the less, there were periods this season when we really could have done with him.

I sense that he will leave, but who knows. If we get into Europe and have him in our ranks, we would have a really formidable front line. Mr Raiola will have a big part to play too...

Would love to keep him and give him a proper chance. However there is no chance he’s coming back here not matter how much we want it.
If we are being honest we didn’t treat him well enough, subbing him on and then off certainly didn’t help.
he’s clearly a confidence player who just needed a run, exactly what PSG gave him. He will be one of the top strikers in the next few years.
Gets a run with PSG v Barcelona in the champions league but a run of games for Everton is a step to far.
Joking aside there's been plenty of players who've done great with other teams but were stink in the PL.. He looks like another simple as that...... waits for liverpool to sign him in 3 years and he smashes 30 a season..

Absolutely, but second fiddle non the less.

You would think he would have more chance of playing in a team trying to break into European places than a team aiming at the champions league.

I know he wanted to leave, and its obvious that at this stage in project rebuild, Carlo prefers experience. Non the less, there were periods this season when we really could have done with him.

I sense that he will leave, but who knows. If we get into Europe and have him in our ranks, we would have a really formidable front line. Mr Raiola will have a big part to play too...
This is flawed logic, even though I see the logic.

Champions League clubs have more minutes to go around. A team like PSG have loads more games and play a more attacking style because they have better players - i.e. there is more room for him in the team, in a position that suits him, than there is in a team that plays one up front.

This is flawed logic, even though I see the logic.

Champions League clubs have more minutes to go around. A team like PSG have loads more games and play a more attacking style because they have better players - i.e. there is more room for him in the team, in a position that suits him, than there is in a team that plays one up front.
I think the actual issue was that we had a completely lousy midfield last season and sacked a manager part way through the season. We were in turmoil and he didn’t fancy sticking round. Carlo didn’t play him much because he couldn’t afford to lose games and we were pretty rotten anyway.

He phoned his agent and no doubt some sort of deal was cut with Raiola to send him on loan so that we can continue to sign players he represents. I have no doubt there were threats.

If he had still been with us, he would have played fair few games. He looked a real talent to me, but we didn’t play in a way that suited him. We have a far more capable midfield this season and he may have done far better.

It’s also interesting how quickly a young and clearly talented player is written off on here. Played for Juve, and for PSG in the CL but not good enough for us apparently. Weird.

I think the actual issue was that we had a completely lousy midfield last season and sacked a manager part way through the season. We were in turmoil and he didn’t fancy sticking round. Carlo didn’t play him much because he couldn’t afford to lose games and we were pretty rotten anyway.

He phoned his agent and no doubt some sort of deal was cut with Raiola to send him on loan so that we can continue to sign players he represents. I have no doubt there were threats.

If he had still been with us, he would have played fair few games. He looked a real talent to me, but we didn’t play in a way that suited him. We have a far more capable midfield this season and he may have done far better.

It’s also interesting how quickly a young and clearly talented player is written off on here. Played for Juve, and for PSG in the CL but not good enough for us apparently. Weird.

The issue is going to be whether similar threats will be made this summer from his agent.

The issue is going to be whether similar threats will be made this summer from his agent.
I doubt he will want to come back, although both Everton and Moise Kean are in different situation than when he first joined. Carlo has stabilised us and we are certainly on the up curve. Kean is another year more experienced and could probably start games.

He would have done, probably, but then it'd be in bits and bats, and he'd be playing up top on his own or out on the flanks.

As you say, it didn't suit him.

I wanted to keep him. In an ideal world he'd come back and form part a great striking line up next season.

But realistically, we're gonna be able to demand £40-45m for him and invest that in an area of the team where we need it more.

Agree on that last point mate.

I doubt he will want to come back, although both Everton and Moise Kean are in different situation than when he first joined. Carlo has stabilised us and we are certainly on the up curve. Kean is another year more experienced and could probably start games.

A lot will depend in if we play 2 up top and whether we are in Europe/CL.

Brands shouldn't let him go cheap though. We should be pushing for towards Lukaku money.

Status
Not open for further replies.