2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't be written off before he's even been given a chance. I know he's had games here, but bit parts, he's never had a continued amount of starts.

Seeing as he's scored in all of the last 3 starts he's had too, it'd make even less sense to say definitively that he'd be no good.

Not saying he's no good. But sitting on the bench and not playing doesn't benefit him or us

I don't think there's any chance of Everton sending him on loan to Juventus. Makes absolutely no sense. That's just wishful thinking from some Italian journalists.

I would love to hear the justification from the fans that want to see this guy permanently sold. You don't sign a promising youth player and then give him one year of occasional playing time to decide that he has no future.

Did you know he only played 834 Premier League minutes last year? That's the equivalent of less than 10 games. So you want to decide that he's no good after only getting 10 games of PL experience? As a 19/20-year-old??

For comparison, DCL's first year getting major minutes was when he was also 19/20 years old, in 2017-18. He got 1,873 league minutes and scored 4 goals - a similar goal return to Kean last year in terms of minutes/goal. The next season (2018-19), he got 1,774 minutes, scoring 6 goals. Then last year, he finally blossomed, getting 2,630 league minutes and scoring 13 goals during the season when he was 22/23 years old. DCL got plenty of time to develop and gain experience, and look how it's paying off.

I would also point out that Kean has had the unfortunate pleasure of getting most of his minutes waiting for chances to be created from teammates likes Tom Davies, Theo Walcott, Gylfi, etc. He deserves to get some real time on the field with James and Richy and our new competent players to see if he can cut it.

(Let me also point out that Tom Davies has gotten more than 6,000 Premier League minutes over the past handful of years, and despite the fact that he's never shown any signs of growth, people still want to give him more time to prove himself.)

If we think Kean's development would be helped by a loan, then I'm all for that. But to sell this guy would be crazy, unless we're talking significant profit. What's the point in making large investments in players with big potential if you don't keep them long enough to prove themselves? Doesn't the fact that Juve want him back tell you something?

I have a suspicion there are other factors at play here in terms of why some of our fans aren't willing to give him a chance. But I don't think it's fair to judge a 20-year-old based on such little playing time in a new league and new country.

Minutes and goals statistics were pulled from transfermarkt.com.

I would love to hear the justification from the fans that want to see this guy permanently sold. You don't sign a promising youth player and then give him one year of occasional playing time to decide that he has no future.

Did you know he only played 834 Premier League minutes last year? That's the equivalent of less than 10 games. So you want to decide that he's no good after only getting 10 games of PL experience? As a 19/20-year-old??

For comparison, DCL's first year getting major minutes was when he was also 19/20 years old, in 2017-18. He got 1,873 league minutes and scored 4 goals - a similar goal return to Kean last year in terms of minutes/goal. The next season (2018-19), he got 1,774 minutes, scoring 6 goals. Then last year, he finally blossomed, getting 2,630 league minutes and scoring 13 goals during the season when he was 22/23 years old. DCL got plenty of time to develop and gain experience, and look how it's paying off.

I would also point out that Kean has had the unfortunate pleasure of getting most of his minutes waiting for chances to be created from teammates likes Tom Davies, Theo Walcott, Gylfi, etc. He deserves to get some real time on the field with James and Richy and our new competent players to see if he can cut it.

(Let me also point out that Tom Davies has gotten more than 6,000 Premier League minutes over the past handful of years, and despite the fact that he's never shown any signs of growth, people still want to give him more time to prove himself.)

If we think Kean's development would be helped by a loan, then I'm all for that. But to sell this guy would be crazy, unless we're talking significant profit. What's the point in making large investments in players with big potential if you don't keep them long enough to prove themselves? Doesn't the fact that Juve want him back tell you something?

I have a suspicion there are other factors at play here in terms of why some of our fans aren't willing to give him a chance. But I don't think it's fair to judge a 20-year-old based on such little playing time in a new league and new country.

Minutes and goals statistics were pulled from transfermarkt.com.

Trust me...they don't

Be interesting to see what game times he gets tonight, if its zero i think his days are numbered
Reckon he starts tbh

Fustrating because I back him a lot but he isn't showing anything to prove that blind faith!

Just one good half , that's all I ask to keep believing

Status
Not open for further replies.