2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last sentence is the key really. Losing Kean will be difficult as it would require bringing in someone with sufficient quality to sit on the bench most weeks.
First choice is keep him.

Second choice is sell him and bring in replacement, that Maxi Gomez chap gets a lot of shouts. Although I'm against this option I'd go along with Carlo.

Third choice is loan back to Italy but only if we get somebody coming the other way on loan who fills a need

As a few have pointed to there I know some fully grow 30 something men who have struggled during the pandemic living in the country they’ve lived in their whole life with all their family around them. Any problems he has right now aren’t really on the football side as he’s slotting when he gets time on the pitch but I wouldn’t begrudge him not being the happiest lad in the world right now.
Think we need to show him the love. Plaster his twitter account with messages of support. Probably already happening for all I know. I think he gets on with the other lads football wise from that training video

You'd think being third choice striker here, in a side where the other two always start, at a club which seems to be on the up and signing exciting players would be not far off being the perfect opportunity for a young player with time on his side.

At a time when he should be looking to play and build experience, it just looks like a horrible career move and I find it hard to believe he'd want to go to Juve unless he genuinely thinks we don't rate him very highly, which you'd suppose is unlikely in the extreme.

At the end of the day, any striker worth his salt has got to be backing himself to knock DCL out of this side. The lad's doing great, but he's limited. The opportunity is there.

Well DCL has 4 goals this season so i think DCL is showing hes not limited.

Needs to go on loan where he'll play more whether it's Italy or not.

End of the day, feeling homesick gets less when you're confident in what you're doing. Once you're confident, you feel happier. The lads not confident since going from golden boy at a huge club in Juve...to being cast away to the premiership where he's not.

Hes a poacher, poachers need service. Why send him on loan to a weaker team where he wont get the service he will here? Theres a reason he broke all sorts of goalscoring records at Juventus and Italy, he got good service.

Why are you talking about him being homesick? Have you 1st hand knowledge of this as fact?

Your last comment is quite frankly unbelievable. He rejected a new contract and asked to leave + chose to join Everton.

He was in no way "cast away" and how do you know hes not confident?

Seems like you have a somewhat nonsensical take on the boy.

Can we sign another Italian to keep him company? A nice young lad

Donnarumma or Chiesa would do me. Two more players with top potential to have their characters assassinated in this thread ,)

I honestly think he just wants to be seen as a Mario Baliotelli-type scorer, aims to look mean and tough insted of happy. Just guessing.

Based upon his 2 goal celebrations this season compared to the entirety of his career?

First choice is keep him.

Second choice is sell him and bring in replacement, that Maxi Gomez chap gets a lot of shouts. Although I'm against this option I'd go along with Carlo.

Third choice is loan back to Italy but only if we get somebody coming the other way on loan who fills a need

Gomez is the epitome of a really strong target man who can hold the ball up and really head the ball well. He'd be a better option than DCL.

Keans the poacher and Ancelotti seems to be moulding him into more of an all rounder.

Perhaps Ancelotti should bow down to some of the posters on here and just play him as a poacher so a few blokes on the internet stop casting aspirations on him? lol

Gomez is the epitome of a really strong target man who can hold the ball up and really head the ball well. He'd be a better option than DCL.

Keans the poacher and Ancelotti seems to be moulding him into more of an all rounder.

Perhaps Ancelotti should bow down to some of the posters on here and just play him as a poacher so a few blokes on the internet stop casting aspirations on him? lol
One could argue that DCL is the one turning into a goal poacher. His build up play is also greatly improved and he works fantastically hard when we don't have the ball.

One could argue that DCL is the one turning into a goal poacher. His build up play is also greatly improved and he works fantastically hard when we don't have the ball.

DCL has gone from Hard worker -- Target man -- Strong all rounder.

Kean is the opposite -- Poacher -- Perhaps to become a target man...

DCL has gone from Hard worker -- Target man -- Strong all rounder.

Kean is the opposite -- Poacher -- Perhaps to become a target man...
From what Carlo's been saying I definitely think he wants him to concentrate on the goal poaching lol

The thing to remember is that if we decide to play a target man AND a goal poacher, that's essentially two up top. If we have a player that can combine the two, then it allows us to play an extra man somewhere else on the pitch which, in theory, should give us more control of the game.

From what Carlo's been saying I definitely think he wants him to concentrate on the goal poaching lol

The thing to remember is that if we decide to play a target man AND a goal poacher, that's essentially two up top. If we have a player that can combine the two, then it allows us to play an extra man somewhere else on the pitch which, in theory, should give us more control of the game.

Yes, DCL has basically developed from outside of the box hard worker...to a full on target man...to someone who is now adding poaching which would make him the 'complete forward' aside from long range strikes.

While DCL is learning movement in the box and poaching now...Kean has this instinctively. He just hasnt been coached to play as a target man.

If Kean can add this part to his game then he should become one heck of a player.

Yes, DCL has basically developed from outside of the box hard worker...to a full on target man...to someone who is now adding poaching which would make him the 'complete forward' aside from long range strikes.

While DCL is learning movement in the box and poaching now...Kean has this instinctively. He just hasnt been coached to play as a target man.

If Kean can add this part to his game then he should become one heck of a player.
Yeah, if Dom could learn how to strike a ball cleanly he'd be a player. I think it's all about composure, timing and technique and I'm not sure if you can teach that. Maybe you can. Perhaps he should be having some training lessons with James and Richy

Bring Simms in. Walcott and Richy can play up top too.

Personally don't feel that if we do have a injury crisis Kean would solve anything as we'd probably still whinge that we'd need a more experienced back up striker.

Cos at the moment he's not going to dislodge DCL any time soon or offer anything different to chance a game IMO

Who would I send him on loan too? Some team back in Italy where he'll get guaranteed game time. Unless a Brighton or someone could do the same.
The problem with sending him on loan is we lose him from the squad. Without getting a fee for him we won't have the money to buy a replacement.

Using Simms isn't an option IMO. Apart from the fact that I don't think he's quite ready yet, more so than Kean I think Simms also needs regular games at this stage in his development. Being in and around the match day squad will mean he won't be getting much game time in the U23s. I actually think Simms is the one who should be going out on loan, not Kean. Walcott just isn't good enough any more in my opinion and if we can find a buyer or a loanee club I'd honestly get shut and rely on Bernard, Iwobi and Gordon for our width.

Sending Kean to another premier club would do nothing to solve his homesickness. A club in Italy would be an option I suppose provided they gave him game time, but we're still left with the problem of replacing him in our squad. So it's a definite No from me.

Yeah, if Dom could learn how to strike a ball cleanly he'd be a player. I think it's all about composure, timing and technique and I'm not sure if you can teach that. Maybe you can. Perhaps he should be having some training lessons with James and Richy
Sounds like they should play together. But that would be 442 most likely and far prefer 433
This is the last piece of the DCL puzzle I’m waiting for

Im quite happy if Ancelotti throws Kean in from time to time this season. Then develops him over a season or two. I mean the boy is 20.

With DCL hes been set a minimum target of 20. Hes already hit 4 goals this season and one more today takes him to 25% of his target reached by end of september.

Thats pretty good going in anyones book.

Im quite happy if Ancelotti throws Kean in from time to time this season. Then develops him over a season or two. I mean the boy is 20.

With DCL hes been set a minimum target of 20. Hes already hit 4 goals this season and one more today takes him to 25% of his target reached by end of september.

Thats pretty good going in anyones book.

high potential youth in the fringes should get 10 starts a season I feel as part of development. 9 minutes at the end does nothing. Needs to show he can be trusted to start.. but it’s a catch 22

Status
Not open for further replies.