2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see him succeed...

Alas I have seen little to support the above...

We need another back up striker who can push DCL & be a competitive alternative...

Kean is still young & may show improvement, he needs game time so a loan would make sense...

We need a better striker this season as back up & Kean is not ready...

You’re plucking the King rumour from no where though. It’s just a wish and speculation.

I do believe the club would ship Kean if the price was right, the same with any player.

But I think if someone becomes available where Carlo thinks there could be an improvement (Wing, Defence) well take it.

I just don’t think he’ll be going for a forward.

Richarlison and DCL have barely missed any games in the last couple of years really, have they? Well, through injury.

Carlo has said we only have DCL & Kean as strikers (didnt even mention Richy or Tosun) if Kean goes we'll be bringing in a replacement 100%.

As I said just speculating but for me King would tick all the boxes and its strange how he hasnt been snapped up by now unless rumours of our interest earlier in the window were true and a deal will only be done once we get a deal in place for Kean.

I like the fact he is confident enough to try a rabona, decidion making is something that will fall into place but when leading by 3, no problems from me like.

I like the fact he is confident enough to try a rabona, decidion making is something that will fall into place but when leading by 3, no problems from me like.

If you're on form, it ends up just going in the right area and becomes an assist, defender loses his marker etc.

When things aren't going right for you though it hits the defender's arse as it did yesterday.

Would swap him for Josh King or Edouard without a hesitation. Dont think he wants to be here and he hasn't shown anything to put our hopes in him tbh.

He's 20 though, swapping him for king is so short sighted. I know we're all for competing for the now and king may be a better sub this season, but kean can give us so much more looking to the future.

You'd sell a 20 year undeveloped striker you bought a year earlier, who's got nearly 4 years left on his deal for 4 million less than you paid for him?

Despite the fact that he's now got a World class manager who speaks the same language to try to mould him into a player?

OffensiveBitterBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

Yes.

Raolia been back in Italy Friday discussing a move with Juve.

Apparently loan with obligation to buy at the same price we paid for him.

At this stage I would be all over that - move hasn't worked out for either party and will give us the dough to reinvest in another forward with us posting a profit on the books overall.

The rumour was Juve had asked Raiola if they could take him on loan for a season.

Weve countered that it would need to be a loan with an obligation to buy or a straight sale.

Unless youve seen anything else this rumour hasnt got any legs.

If we got £27m I’d snap your hand off.

In a world where we’re getting a net of £0 off Sandro, Bolasie, Sigurdsson and Walcott when they all eventually leave, £27m plumps up the finances in a years time, when we’re unearthing our New Allan and Rodriguez.

But there’s no way Juventus are that soft to pay £27m. I don’t dislike Kean, but £27m would be stupid money to refuse.

We paid £5-7mil up front with a total agreement at £22mil + £5mil in clauses.

Juventus tried everything to keep him a year ago and he refused so they had to sell him with only a year left.

Youre saying £27mil would be "stupid to refuse" and "No way Juventus are that soft to pay £27mil".

No matter what you think of the player, the fact is that Juventus are one of the biggest clubs in the world who want to bring back a 20 year old Italian international loved by the club and supporters alike.

The fact is that at £27mil (incl clauses) was the fee when he had 1 year on his contract. The fact is that we have him on a £50k a week deal and dont need to sell.

If Juventus want him and Ancelotti/Brands are open to it then we should be demanding either a swap deal (get a player + fudge FFP) or £40mil+

£30mil or less would be absolutely insanely bad business at the same level of daftness as signing Iwobi and Delph.

Would swap him for Josh King or Edouard without a hesitation. Dont think he wants to be here and he hasn't shown anything to put our hopes in him tbh.

We dont know if he wants to be at the club? Him training hard before the season started seemed to show he wanted to prove himself...who knows.

DCL has gone up levels since Kean has arrived which means he's barely had a sniff, Pretty tough but that's the way the game goes sadly.
I really want him to succeed and the talent is clear to see but it's getting tough to see how this works out for both parties.

Unless Ancelotti has spoken with Kean and told him hes going to mould him into a target man then ive no clue why hes been played there...likewise strange to play him on the right against WBA when he could have slotted in upfront.

The fact Josh King hasnt moved on yet and there are rumours about him being available on the cheap I wouldnt be suprised to see Kean go on loan and King come in towards the windows end.

King would be someone happy to be on the bench if needed, can fill in all 3 positions up top and is a 1 in 4 goalscorer and alot more reliable off the bench than Kean has been in getting a goal.

No inside info there just a feeling - feels like King is holding out for a specific move as someone would have snapped him up by now such as a Fulham or a WHU at £10-15 million.

Of all the players in world football you are posting about Josh King mate?

Bewildering.

You’re plucking the King rumour from no where though. It’s just a wish and speculation.

I do believe the club would ship Kean if the price was right, the same with any player.

But I think if someone becomes available where Carlo thinks there could be an improvement (Wing, Defence) well take it.

I just don’t think he’ll be going for a forward.

Richarlison and DCL have barely missed any games in the last couple of years really, have they? Well, through injury.

Lets not jinx them lol

If you can recover the money we paid I’d be all over that - he could turn into a player but I’ve not seen anything bar a half decent showing against Newcastle last season to suggest he’s worth keeping particularly in a squad which has other areas to address.

So we sell him to focus on "other areas to address" and then also need another centre forward to replace him.

How does that work?

Don’t see what the stress about Moise is to be honest. He has clear quality. He will develop, he is learning under one of the worlds most successful managers, in a young and what looks like could be a succcesful team. He’s 20, time on his side.

Absoulutey no pressure on the lad, we don’t need to shoe horn him into being anything more then he is now and continue to develop him. The team just thumped Spurs and WBA, 6 goals in two games.

Why the rush with the lad, let him tip along and get better, let’s coach him and improve him, let’s build his confidence.

Everyone wants to sign and develop young players, but no one wants to give them the time to develop. I don’t see the stress or the rush to be honest.

Last edited:
That's fair.

Maybe he just has to work on his first touch. Like a certain other striker we had a few years ago did.

Now, Rom was further along when he was 20 than Kean is now.

It's fair to expect more from him. It's also fair to say last season wasn't exactly the best side for a player with no experience in the Prem to be thrown in at the age of 19. He should never have been in with the aim of being our primary lone striker.

Lukaku was a freak too. He was ready for top flight football when he was 17. Definitely an outlier on what to expect from a young striker.

Don’t see what the stress about Moise is to be honest. He has clear quality. He will develop, he is learning under one of the worlds most successful managers, in a young and what looks like could be a succcesful team. He’s 20, time on his side.

Absoulutey no pressure on the lad, we don’t need to show horn him into being anything more then he is now and continue to develop him. The team just thumped Spurs and WBA, 6 goals in two games.

Why the rush with the lad, lets him tip along and get better, let’s coach him and improve him, let’s buy his confidence.

Everyone wants to sign and develop young players, but no one wants to give them the time to develop. I don’t see the stress or the rush to be honest.
It is mildly frustrating people never giving these kids a chance to find their feet. We're a tough fan base for kids in my opinion.

Absoulutey no pressure on the lad, we don’t need to show horn him into being anything more then he is now and continue to develop him. The team just thumped Spurs and WBA, 6 goals in two games.

Why the rush with the lad, lets him tip along and get better, let’s coach him and improve him, let’s buy his confidence.

When he was coming on as a sub against Spurs he played on the left of the front 3. Salford he started as a CF. Against West Brom he played on the right hand side of the front 3. This coming Wed, against weaker opposition he will play as a CF again.

He’s learning.

The rumour was Juve had asked Raiola if they could take him on loan for a season.

Weve countered that it would need to be a loan with an obligation to buy or a straight sale.

Unless youve seen anything else this rumour hasnt got any legs.

We paid £5-7mil up front with a total agreement at £22mil + £5mil in clauses.

Juventus tried everything to keep him a year ago and he refused so they had to sell him with only a year left.

Youre saying £27mil would be "stupid to refuse" and "No way Juventus are that soft to pay £27mil".

No matter what you think of the player, the fact is that Juventus are one of the biggest clubs in the world who want to bring back a 20 year old Italian international loved by the club and supporters alike.

The fact is that at £27mil (incl clauses) was the fee when he had 1 year on his contract. The fact is that we have him on a £50k a week deal and dont need to sell.

If Juventus want him and Ancelotti/Brands are open to it then we should be demanding either a swap deal (get a player + fudge FFP) or £40mil+

£30mil or less would be absolutely insanely bad business at the same level of daftness as signing Iwobi and Delph.

We dont know if he wants to be at the club? Him training hard before the season started seemed to show he wanted to prove himself...who knows.

Unless Ancelotti has spoken with Kean and told him hes going to mould him into a target man then ive no clue why hes been played there...likewise strange to play him on the right against WBA when he could have slotted in upfront.

Of all the players in world football you are posting about Josh King mate?

Bewildering.

Lets not jinx them lol

So we sell him to focus on "other areas to address" and then also need another centre forward to replace him.

How does that work?

I haven't heard anything about King but I know someone who claims the links earlier in the window were true about us sniffing around.

Just speculation on my part as I dont fully believe other fans on social media regarding transfers but if we are still in for Zaha then it makes sense any CF coming in would be a cheaper bargain type deal which King is.

We aint spending £40-50 million on Zaha then dropping another £30 million+ on a striker who is essentially going to be a back up bench player for DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.