2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's a forum. You said he isn't starting regularly at the moment unless there's injuries - which I agree with entirely. But we are a side that famously have a lot of injuries.

If we can get someone else in, maybe. But there's money that needs to be spent in other areas first and foremost, wouldn't you agree?

I don't see why you are so set that a player at 20 absolutely HAS to play every single game to get better, is all? Gordon hasn't played every single game since he came into the side, but has got better hasn't he?

There obviously comes a time where players do need those starts and minutes to get a roll on but even without starting every game, Kean is managing to score in each game he has started for us in 2020. It's not a big sample size but he is getting the goals.

Surely he will improve more training week-in-week-out with James Rodriguez, Richarlison and Dom, than going off to a Fulham or West Brom or to a foreign league to play in a style that is completely different to what he'd face in the Premier League?
I never said he HAS to play ever game . Dont misqoute me. I think he has to play a lot more minutes then he is. But bar injuries or suspension he won't play many .
Maybe he will never be suited to this league. It happens. But I would still prefer a different option for us .
Yes we need to cover other positions as well. But there is still a few weeks left in the window.

I never said he HAS to play ever game . Dont misqoute me. I think he has to play a lot more minutes then he is. But bar injuries or suspension he won't play many .
Maybe he will never be suited to this league. It happens. But I would still prefer a different option for us .
Yes we need to cover other positions as well. But there is still a few weeks left in the window.

Sorry, I misread your initial post then about 25 games (I took that as meaning 25 starts).

Well we never know. Injuries and suspensions happen and so does a loss of form. Systems have to be tweaked through a season for those reasons.

I 100% agree we need another option. But that player really needs to be a wide forward to phase out/get rid of Walcott/maybe Bernard. It shouldn't be a young lad with a lot of potential - albeit extremely inconsistent - who gets punted for it, even on loan.

I'd rather have him on the training pitch with a golden boot winner every day and getting 15-20 starts in all comps this season (easily doable) than going to a side fighting for their lives so he can play a few more minutes.

It's not just about playing though. It's about playing in a system that fits for him and in a style - or against a style - that he'd play in for us/face with us.

We need three strikers. We also need another wide player already who can add 8-10 (ideally more) goals per-season - which in turn relieves pressure on Kean when he does come in.

Unless those players are in then there shouldn't even be a thought of selling the lad or loaning him and giving up on our investment. Five-year deal and he's 20. He spent last season in and out of a side that were awful.

He's now training with James, Allan etc.

Bringing more quality in shouldn't mean dispensing with another player that actually has potential.

i guess thats the difference then. You believe he has potential and I believe he’s too far away from ever being a worthwhile investment for Everton. We have a striker in DCL who has shown massive improvement in a short space of time in the same coaching set up as Kean. Many would have us believe kean has a better talent than DCL, I dont agree personally but evidence appears to suggest that one striker is improving At a rapid rate and one looks to bemiles off the pace. All these shouts of we need to play like this or do this for him to look good are just excuses. I’d rather Everton sold him on and tried again with someone else.

i guess thats the difference then. You believe he has potential and I believe he’s too far away from ever being a worthwhile investment for Everton. We have a striker in DCL who has shown massive improvement in a short space of time in the same coaching set up as Kean. Many would have us believe kean has a better talent than DCL, I dont agree personally but evidence appears to suggest that one striker is improving At a rapid rate and one looks to bemiles off the pace. All these shouts of we need to play like this or do this for him to look good are just excuses. I’d rather Everton sold him on and tried again with someone else.

DCL has been in the side regularly for three years now, playing in the Premier League. He's also grown up in English football. He's English, knows the game, knows the language.

If in 3 years' time Kean is nowhere near what Dom is now, then fine, but as it stands you can't really say DCL has shown such improvement in the same coaching set up and it all being down to just that. DCL hasn't come from Italy just over a year ago, has he?

And why though? Why not try with the lad we've invested in, than go out and just ruin another of Europe's top prospects?

Arouna Kone was 32.

Kean is 20.

You used goals Vs starts as a stat to argue he's doing well. I'd say regardless of age, unless you're doing stellar numbers you're masking the players all round ability.

Kone was 32, scored 10 goals in his first season for us. No one thought he was good enough to be a back up striker to Lukaku in order to compete....

Yet we feel this kid is good enough as a back up striker cos he's score 3 goals in 3 starts - one of which is a pen against league 2 opposition?

He's an expensive academy players. He should be playing in the under 23s and not the first team.

Sorry, I misread your initial post then about 25 games (I took that as meaning 25 starts).

Well we never know. Injuries and suspensions happen and so does a loss of form. Systems have to be tweaked through a season for those reasons.

I 100% agree we need another option. But that player really needs to be a wide forward to phase out/get rid of Walcott/maybe Bernard. It shouldn't be a young lad with a lot of potential - albeit extremely inconsistent - who gets punted for it, even on loan.

I'd rather have him on the training pitch with a golden boot winner every day and getting 15-20 starts in all comps this season (easily doable) than going to a side fighting for their lives so he can play a few more minutes.

Given funds may be limited due to FFP, would a 30m player (assuming we could still get that) in the reserves be worthwhile if you could use that money to bring in someone who could offer more for the first team?

I’m all for giving youth a chance but this lad doesnt seem like he’s suited.

One thing I noticed is his first touch was really bad especially in the first half which was a negative as nothing going to him stuck.

He missed a few chances but at least he was in a position to miss them which I guess is a positive for him and he was better in the 2nd half.

His touch is a real worry though

Thought he did ok myself. He grew into the game and took his pen well, on another day he scores 2 or 3. He is never going to look his best playing with that midfield lumping the ball up to him like he is the same type of player as Dom

DCL has been in the side regularly for three years now, playing in the Premier League. He's also grown up in English football. He's English, knows the game, knows the language.

If in 3 years' time Kean is nowhere near what Dom is now, then fine, but as it stands you can't really say DCL has shown such improvement in the same coaching set up and it all being down to just that. DCL hasn't come from Italy just over a year ago, has he?

And why though? Why not try with the lad we've invested in, than go out and just ruin another of Europe's top prospects?

if we have to wait 3 years for a 30m player to get to the level a 2m player did over the same time frame, then there is something wrong with the recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.