2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep saying this but he's got 3 goals in his last 3 starts for us.

That's not a bad conversion rate.
But them 3 goals were really nothing special, a penalty, a tap in etc. His all round game is awful, cant control a ball without falling over or it pinging 5 yards off his foot, his runs are pretty poor. I know hes young but to me he doesnt look anywhere near being a premier league forward.
Hope im wrong tho

We didn't play like that on Sunday whatsoever. It was nigth and day compared to today because today we played a 4-2-3-1 with the wingers really wide.

Gordon played very well as he could cut in and get involved. But Bernard was dropping deep and until late on Sigurdsson and Davies weren't making forward runs off the ball so there was little to no support.

The last 20 mins when Salford's legs went completely, our midfield finally advanced - and Gylfi scored that goal making a run into the area.

Sunday we played a 4-3-3 with Doucoure and Gomes getting forward and James cutting in. At times it went to a 4-1-2-1-2 with James drifting into the 10 spot and Richarlison getting in the area.

Two completely different styles of play - and entirely due to the players that played.

not really sure how that relates to my post but ok. The point i replied to was that he needs through balls to run on to, but very few top flight teams are able to play like that as its easy to defend against. Hence why most modern day strikers are good with their back to goal. Players who are quick and like to run on to things have drifted to wider positions in todays football

Loan him to Fulham or West Brom and bring in another striker.

I don't want him going to sides that a) he wouldn't start anyway for Fulham and b) are crap (West Brom and Fulham).

It's the mistake we've made time and time before - crap loans.

He's better off staying here and coming on to play or starting alongside James Rodriguez, cheers.

I don't want him going to sides that a) he wouldn't start anyway for Fulham and b) are crap (West Brom and Fulham).

He's better off staying here and coming on to play or starting alongside James Rodriguez, cheers.

He only starts if one of Dom's legs falls off though.

So it's either go play football...or play FIFA for him.

Dunno why it's my posts you keep responding to . My opinion is kean currently is not good enough for us . I would loan him out if we could get some one else in. You have a different opinion..That's fine. But i have mine and you are not going to change it. until I see it for myself. I'm happy to be proven wrong if it happens.

Because it's a forum. You said he isn't starting regularly at the moment unless there's injuries - which I agree with entirely. But we are a side that famously have a lot of injuries.

If we can get someone else in, maybe. But there's money that needs to be spent in other areas first and foremost, wouldn't you agree?

I don't see why you are so set that a player at 20 absolutely HAS to play every single game to get better, is all? Gordon hasn't played every single game since he came into the side, but has got better hasn't he?

There obviously comes a time where players do need those starts and minutes to get a roll on but even without starting every game, Kean is managing to score in each game he has started for us in 2020. It's not a big sample size but he is getting the goals.

Surely he will improve more training week-in-week-out with James Rodriguez, Richarlison and Dom, than going off to a Fulham or West Brom or to a foreign league to play in a style that is completely different to what he'd face in the Premier League?

in fairness if a good loan came available they should let him go. But one where he would play I agree. If we play similar to Sunday then DCL and Richarlison can fill the striker role and we either need a left sided forward or Gordon could come in.
Everton’s back up squad is dreadful as was shown tonight. We need more quality.

Then he isnt the player for Everton, cos thats not how we play and there are very few top level teams who do play like that. His movement off the ball isnt good enough for through balls, they dont just happen and someone chases it. It has to be made with striker movement, and his understanding of that part of the game appears to be lacking.

Watch him when he first arrive, he is often at the back of defenders anticipating through balls but he somehow evolve into DCL target man back to goal approach which is entirely a waste of his strength. This is not surprising after 12 months of playing in front of a midfield that rarely pass forward and ping sideways ending with crosses. We have midfielders capable of playing differently this season and I believe we will see a much improve season.

in fairness if a good loan came available they should let him go. But one where he would play I agree. If we play similar to Sunday then DCL and Richarlison can fill the striker role and we either need a left sided forward or Gordon could come in.
Everton’s back up squad is dreadful as was shown tonight. We need more quality.

It's not just about playing though. It's about playing in a system that fits for him and in a style - or against a style - that he'd play in for us/face with us.

We need three strikers. We also need another wide player already who can add 8-10 (ideally more) goals per-season - which in turn relieves pressure on Kean when he does come in.

Unless those players are in then there shouldn't even be a thought of selling the lad or loaning him and giving up on our investment. Five-year deal and he's 20. He spent last season in and out of a side that were awful.

He's now training with James, Allan etc.

Bringing more quality in shouldn't mean dispensing with another player that actually has potential.

He likes the ball to his feet. Normally he is good on the dribble, but tonight he really struggled to even receive the ball at times. It’s one thing for Dom to fluff on a dribble or two as it’s not his game, but Kean needs to be better than he was tonight. I do think he looked much brighter after the penalty to his credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.