2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. I don't personally feel he's a particularly outstanding talent as I've not seen anything stand out for us or for PSG to say "he's the future" - especially in the premiership. Something that pops out like when you saw Rom, or Rashford for eg.

I get he's good around the box but at the moment he's a player that waits for chances than work for them.

Like you mentioned...he's not a target man, not a winger, won't press etc, so it's a poor fit for us.

Reminds me very much of Ballotelli.
He presses well for PSG, in a proper front three in a team that actually presses.

We don't press. At all.

But yeah, he probably isn't the right fit. It's just a shame, because the club don't seem to have a clue what they want to build.

Definitely a stellar young talent. At his age Lineker was a struggling bit-part player in a relegated Leicester side. Had time to develop with a couple of seasons in the old 2nd division.

But people want to compare Kean to world class players at their peak instead of looking at what he is doing in comparison to them at 20.
Does anyone temember what Lineker was like at 20? We didn’t have coverage of every game like we do now. I’m sure he was referring to the Lineker we remember. He only came to real prominence the season before he came to us when he scored a number of goals in an average Leicester team. Before that we hadn’t seen him play.

I dont think any other striker in the top 5 leagues under 21 is even close to his goal tally.

I'm a massive fan of Dom, but think where Dom was at 20.

Kean will be world class. Probably not here, but if they go deep into the CL, and hopefully does well at the Euros we would hopefully get 50+for him and a hefty sell on.

I’d accept it probably won’t be here mate, the writing is on the wall and I’m a pragmatist.

I think it’s more our failure then anything, I look at Lookman and Kean and think, what is wrong with us that we can’t make this work for that obvious quality.

I agree the lad has all the talent, quality and natural attributes to be world class. He’s going to burst through 20 goals this season, strutting it in the CL at 20, we should be excited not resigned to selling him. It really just defies logic and a terrible indictment on us that we can’t make it work, it defies logic to be honest.

What’s wrong with us!

Last edited:
Definitely a stellar young talent. At his age Lineker was a struggling bit-part player in a relegated Leicester side. Had time to develop with a couple of seasons in the old 2nd division.

But people want to compare Kean to world class players at their peak instead of looking at what he is doing in comparison to them at 20.

It’s ridiculous what he is doing at 20 to be honest.

If we could get £40-50m for a player who has a first touch like a pinball then that would be great business.

I get the feeling he was in a strop and wanted out earlier in the season
Trying to offload a 20 goal a season forward who is barely 20 for the same money that Liverpool palm their dregs off to Sheff Utd and Bournemouth.

I’d play them both, I never get this idea that you have 5o have one starting forward and that is it, good teams win games, good squads win trophies. I’d be happy playing either together or depending on the game, whichever up front. Id look at playing Moise like how Leicester and Southampton play and use Vardy and Ings. He gives the squad a different option, variance and dimension to how we could play. It’s never all or nothing for me, the change up in strategy to influence a game is a great option and bonus to have,

Never did he put in performances like a Vardy or an Ings have done whilst here. When he started the league cup games he had a poor first touch and obviously didn’t want to stay.

I was one of those who wanted it to work out and was willing him on but if he doesn’t want to be here then get top money for him.

I think the french league suits him better than premier league would although I did feel sorry for him at Old Trafford when Dunc hooked him off like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.