2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years ago he was 15....
13 goals.

I really dont know how anyone can avoid that telling statistic about a striker.

At the very least those defending him should acknowledge that he needs to show something next season. Score more goals, have better distribution, better movement, more assists...

13 goals.

I really dont know how anyone can avoid that telling statistic about a striker.

At the very least those defending him should acknowledge that he needs to show something next season. Score more goals, have better distribution, better movement, more assists...
13 gOaLs
1596201910829.png

Who was sent on loan to Millwall to prove he could actiually find the net. Maybe we could loan Kean to Wigan.
A loan to a championship club might actually have been good for Kean, but it could never happen when you consider the transfer fee involved.

I remember saying when he signed first that it would be at least after Christmas before we saw him play to any degree in the first team. The problem was the level of expectation was unrealistic. Players need time to settle and adapt.
I see the same thing happening now with Gabriel, if he is signed, he is expected to be an instant success and is branded a failure if he isn't. Young, foreign players need to be allowed to settle into the club. This is easier when the team is going well but more difficult when games are being lost.

A loan to a championship club might actually have been good for Kean, but it could never happen when you consider the transfer fee involved.

I remember saying when he signed first that it would be at least after Christmas before we saw him play to any degree in the first team. The problem was the level of expectation was unrealistic. Players need time to settle and adapt.
I see the same thing happening now with Gabriel, if he is signed, he is expected to be an instant success and is branded a failure if he isn't. Young, foreign players need to be allowed to settle into the club. This is easier when the team is going well but more difficult when games are being lost.
I'd loan him out to a Championship team. If it was good enough for Coleman and Barkley etc it's good enough for this feller. I dont care about his reputation as the next big thing in Italy. I just see a dud who needs to get his scoring boots on or GTF.

Dave that's what practically EVERYONE here is acknowledging lol

You've had a mare here.
They're not though. By and large there's a view that this feller is bang on track in his development - hence all the "he's scored as many as x,y and z did at his age".

He cost a lot of money. Her hasn't turned up at all. He is right up against it now. Produce or get him out. No sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.