2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will give him the benefit of the doubt.

It’s clear he’s found it difficult adjusting to our league and his fitness levels haven’t been all that great. The style of football we have played, lack of chances created, being played out wide at times, coming on with seconds to spare, in and out the team, the managerial changes, they haven’t helped his cause. That’s without any problems he’s had adjusting to living over here.

Hopefully we improve this summer, bring in better players, work on a better game plan and develop a style that suits our strikers.

He should of been given the last 3-4 games to play the full 90 minutes, same with Gordon as we had nothing to lose or play for. Perfect opportunity for them to play without any pressure and see what they’re capable of.

He should of been given the last 3-4 games to play the full 90 minutes, same with Gordon as we had nothing to lose or play for. Perfect opportunity for them to play without any pressure and see what they’re capable of.
It is likely he would have had the last two, but even the last game gave us cause for hope.

Not often I'll stick my neck out on a player, but there have been flashes with Kean that make me think there is a really, really good player there.

Absolutely loads to his game that needs work - his decision making is dreadful, he's not great in the air at all and he's generally a bit raw.

Most of that will improve as he gets older - but there have been glimpses (like the games he started against Newcastle and Bournemouth) where I've been really excited about his potential.

He needs games next season, and plenty of them, but whether he realises his potential here or somewhere else, I think there is a proper CL level striker in there. May just take him another couple of years to get there.

Not often I'll stick my neck out on a player, but there have been flashes with Kean that make me think there is a really, really good player there.

Absolutely loads to his game that needs work - his decision making is dreadful, he's not great in the air at all and he's generally a bit raw.

Most of that will improve as he gets older - but there have been glimpses (like the games he started against Newcastle and Bournemouth) where I've been really excited about his potential.

He needs games next season, and plenty of them, but whether he realises his potential here or somewhere else, I think there is a proper CL level striker in there. May just take him another couple of years to get there.
The problem is can we afford to play him still having that unknown factor about him? As you say he needs games, a consistent run of them otherwise he will never progress, the minutes he has been getting is not enough to make judgement imo.

The problem is can we afford to play him still having that unknown factor about him? As you say he needs games, a consistent run of them otherwise he will never progress, the minutes he has been getting is not enough to make judgement imo.

Well, that's the catch, but over a full season (assuming we continue to play with two strikers) you'd assume there's plenty of scope for Kean to get more than his fair share of minutes given we only have two other senior strikers at the club.

I also supported you and others about VVD at the time. Robertson though was your best pick to date in that awful Hull team.

Hickey seems decent but weve signed Nkounkou whose a similar age...

My points on Dowell are;

1: Hes not moved to a premier league side on loan or permanently

2: Hes not forced his way into our first team under several managers

3: His games for our u23s and England youth are what people use as a barometer of his ability

4: Hes had some cracking games in the championship and no doubt a better option imo than Sigurdsson or Iwobi (useless players). But still hes in the championship

5: Hes going to be 23 in October which really is 3-5 years after he should be getting considered for a squad place. Different circumstances for different players of course but nevertheless not made the grade at 22/23.

Moise Kean

A: Youngest player to score for Italy since 1958
B: Youngest player to start for Italy since 1912
C: Juventus debut at 16
D: First player born in 2000's to play in champions league
E: First player born in 2000's to score in Europes 5 main leagues
F: First player born in 2000's to start in one of Europes 5 main leagues
G: Juventue u17s 29goals in 26 games (15-16 age)
H: Juventus reserves 12 goals / 5 assists (15-16 age)
I: 2018/19 season 13 league games (incl sub) 6 goals

Italy
u15 6 games / 2 goals
U16 4 games / 3 goals
U17 17 games / 8 goals
U19 6 games / 4 goals
U20 1 game / 2 goals
U21 9 games / 5 goals
Full side 3 games / 2 goals

Everton

866mins / 9.6 matches.
6 Premier League Starts / 2 goals / 2 assists

Those are the facts and we could see against Bournemouth and Newcastle (2 of his 6 starts) that he is a good player.

I find it bizarre that you constantly slate Kean when in actual fact his starts to goals/assists is very high.

He's going to become a top class player.
lol

Youngest this, youngest that. The incontrovertible facts are that the lad has scored 13 club goals in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.