2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to @davek hes picked out some players like Robertson when he was at Hull.

I do think though Dave that youve praised Dowell (who flopped in the premier league) based upon youth matches for Everton and England...

...yet youve become rather obtuse about a player who has obliterated every italian record at youth and national level for his age.

If we get him on the pitch starting games i think he'll have a 1 in 3 record next season with a half decent midfield behind him.

If he realises his potential then were talking a Richarlison level player.

How can a player flop with like 2 premier league appearances?

How can a player flop with like 2 premier league appearances?
I'd go with never given a chance myself. Maybe he doesn't have it, but I think it is pretty harsh to act like we know for sure. I'm interested to see how he gets on at what should still be a decent attacking side in Norwich next year.

To be fair to @davek hes picked out some players like Robertson when he was at Hull.

I do think though Dave that youve praised Dowell (who flopped in the premier league) based upon youth matches for Everton and England...

...yet youve become rather obtuse about a player who has obliterated every italian record at youth and national level for his age.

If we get him on the pitch starting games i think he'll have a 1 in 3 record next season with a half decent midfield behind him.

There's a one word explanation as to why.
Brands.

See:
It actually goes deeper than that with @davek

The carpet bagger sacked RM, so anything he does = evil. Therefore anyone hired by Moshiri also = evil, and then anyone signed by the people he's hired = terrible and a product of evil

Someone like Moise, who's clearly a Brands signing, doesn't stand a chance

2 starts, 2 goals. Maybe it's just really hard as a young italian striker to come into a game at our pace, the more desperate you are to impress, the worse decisions you make. From the start you can find your pace and realise you don't have just one chance. I think he will be v good next season.

I also picked out VVD when at Celtic (and we need to be serioulsy looking at this lad Hickey at Hearts because he's going to be a fantastic player).

It's your opinion Dowell is not PL class...which is strange, because you argue that Kean needs more time but you wont allow for Dowell to develop...

I was expecting him to go back to Italy within a week or so of the season ending, but now I wonder if he'll end up replacing Richarlison alongside Calvert-Lewin.

Looked a much better proposition last match. Also, physically is a man now, Many a back line are going to know about him next season. Be most unhappy if he was sold...

Juventus
Verona
Everton

2016-2020

13 goals.
Well if all you're going to do is throw facts at the argument you can have it without me.
*Flounces off.

Edit; *slinks back in - He put in a decent shift and a goal Vs Bournemouth and by doing so set the minimum qualification standard for his future performances.
There is a chance though he was putting himself in the shop window for a move away.

Wait and see on him for now

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I just can't envision a scenario where Everton are letting a £27m player sit on the bench for a second straight season. With no European fixtures, and barring a complete summer squad rebuild, it's going to be Calvert-Lewin as the target man and Richarlison playing off him as long as both are fit.

I'm forever a pessimist when it comes to this club, and so I don't see Kean staying unless Richarlison goes.

Why does DCL just automatically get the start to you?

I also picked out VVD when at Celtic (and we need to be serioulsy looking at this lad Hickey at Hearts because he's going to be a fantastic player).

It's your opinion Dowell is not PL class...which is strange, because you argue that Kean needs more time but you wont allow for Dowell to develop...

I also supported you and others about VVD at the time. Robertson though was your best pick to date in that awful Hull team.

Hickey seems decent but weve signed Nkounkou whose a similar age...

My points on Dowell are;

1: Hes not moved to a premier league side on loan or permanently

2: Hes not forced his way into our first team under several managers

3: His games for our u23s and England youth are what people use as a barometer of his ability

4: Hes had some cracking games in the championship and no doubt a better option imo than Sigurdsson or Iwobi (useless players). But still hes in the championship

5: Hes going to be 23 in October which really is 3-5 years after he should be getting considered for a squad place. Different circumstances for different players of course but nevertheless not made the grade at 22/23.

Moise Kean

A: Youngest player to score for Italy since 1958
B: Youngest player to start for Italy since 1912
C: Juventus debut at 16
D: First player born in 2000's to play in champions league
E: First player born in 2000's to score in Europes 5 main leagues
F: First player born in 2000's to start in one of Europes 5 main leagues
G: Juventue u17s 29goals in 26 games (15-16 age)
H: Juventus reserves 12 goals / 5 assists (15-16 age)
I: 2018/19 season 13 league games (incl sub) 6 goals

Italy
u15 6 games / 2 goals
U16 4 games / 3 goals
U17 17 games / 8 goals
U19 6 games / 4 goals
U20 1 game / 2 goals
U21 9 games / 5 goals
Full side 3 games / 2 goals

Everton

866mins / 9.6 matches.
6 Premier League Starts / 2 goals / 2 assists

Those are the facts and we could see against Bournemouth and Newcastle (2 of his 6 starts) that he is a good player.

I find it bizarre that you constantly slate Kean when in actual fact his starts to goals/assists is very high.

He's going to become a top class player.

I also supported you and others about VVD at the time. Robertson though was your best pick to date in that awful Hull team.

Hickey seems decent but weve signed Nkounkou whose a similar age...

My points on Dowell are;

1: Hes not moved to a premier league side on loan or permanently

2: Hes not forced his way into our first team under several managers

3: His games for our u23s and England youth are what people use as a barometer of his ability

4: Hes had some cracking games in the championship and no doubt a better option imo than Sigurdsson or Iwobi (useless players). But still hes in the championship

5: Hes going to be 23 in October which really is 3-5 years after he should be getting considered for a squad place. Different circumstances for different players of course but nevertheless not made the grade at 22/23.

Moise Kean

A: Youngest player to score for Italy since 1958
B: Youngest player to start for Italy since 1912
C: Juventus debut at 16
D: First player born in 2000's to play in champions league
E: First player born in 2000's to score in Europes 5 main leagues
F: First player born in 2000's to start in one of Europes 5 main leagues
G: Juventue u17s 29goals in 26 games (15-16 age)
H: Juventus reserves 12 goals / 5 assists (15-16 age)
I: 2018/19 season 13 league games (incl sub) 6 goals

Italy
u15 6 games / 2 goals
U16 4 games / 3 goals
U17 17 games / 8 goals
U19 6 games / 4 goals
U20 1 game / 2 goals
U21 9 games / 5 goals
Full side 3 games / 2 goals

Everton

866mins / 9.6 matches.
6 Premier League Starts / 2 goals / 2 assists

Those are the facts and we could see against Bournemouth and Newcastle (2 of his 6 starts) that he is a good player.

I find it bizarre that you constantly slate Kean when in actual fact his starts to goals/assists is very high.

He's going to become a top class player.
Dowell was never given the extended run that Kean has had...and Kean cost us £30M and Dowell nothing, so the expectation on him should be much more.

Kean is simply not good enough. He has never been a goal scorer and I can see why: he has no composure and no ideas of where to be in the box anticipating snapping up a chance.

Dowell was never given the extended run that Kean has had...and Kean cost us £30M and Dowell nothing, so the expectation on him should be much more.

Kean is simply not good enough. He has never been a goal scorer and I can see why: he has no composure and no ideas of where to be in the box anticipating snapping up a chance.

What "extended run" has Kean had? 6 starts over a season all with lengthly gaps between them.

"Never been a goalscorer"

Ive literally posted his goalscoring numbers over his entire career above. In what way is he not a goalscorer ?

Hes obliterated goalscoring records but hes not a goalscorer.

Jesus Christ.

What "extended run" has Kean had? 6 starts over a season all with lengthly gaps between them.

"Never been a goalscorer"

Ive literally posted his goalscoring numbers over his entire career above. In what way is he not a goalscorer ?

Hes obliterated goalscoring records but hes not a goalscorer.

Jesus Christ.
He's had a lot more game time than Dowell has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.