2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini dropped him from the Italy squad because of a lack of professionalism.

Marco Silva of all managers, one of the most passive managers out there, felt forced to drop the lad from the squad for disciplinary issues. How often has an Everton player been dropped from a matchday squad because of disciplinary issues?

Since then he's filmed himself driving, and now this.

People pondered why Juve sold him, and why there wasn't significant interest elsewhere - I think we're starting to see why...

Let's be honest - no matter how much we want this lad to do well, all signs point to this lad being a prick.

That's why, IMO, Duncan Ferguson didn't have any tolerance towards him when he dragged him off at Old Trafford;

Is he worth the hassle? Ancelotti will know. If Ancelotti can't get him going, then pack his bags.

Football hipsters love the lad, but for me he's been useless on the pitch.

This is pretty much spot on.

Wouldn't be one for crucifying any footballer for stuff that goes on of the field, never mind a kid. I never get why people put so much pressure on footballers to be role models, i dont look to them, to teach me how to live my life or for moral guidance. They are just kids good at sport and will invariably make mistakes.

He made a mistake here, but id say its one many 20 somethings have been making over the last few weeks, hes away from home likely away from his family probably lonely and isolated. I wouldn't go to town on the lad, serves no one any good. These are good lessons to learn and lets be honest we all had to learn them at his age.

I want my footballers to be good at football, not show me how to live my life properly, so this is all very much acknowledge he made a mistake, learn your lesson and move on.

I'd say hes more worried about what his Ma is going to say to him, then the reaction of the national media - which says it all really.

Last edited:
Let's be honest - no matter how much we want this lad to do well, all signs point to this lad being a prick.

That's why, IMO, Duncan Ferguson didn't have any tolerance towards him when he dragged him off at Old Trafford;

Football hipsters love the lad, but for me he's been useless on the pitch.
Spot on.

@Neiler you talk about footballers being perceived or labelled as role-models, which is in turn true, but I think most people are looking at this in general terms.

We have a youngish lad (twenty odd) who lives behind us, and if he broke social-distancing procedures and had a massive party I'd think he was a bellend.

Whether Moise plays for Everton or if he's away from his home country and family etc. is irrelevant, he's a bellend for doing it; rightly, he should be reprimanded.

The footballing ability is a totally different matter, which I am undecided, but it's not unrealistic to relate success versus his overall attitude or professionalism.

A public apology and a sizeable donation to the NHS and we all move on. We all have made mistakes as kids, and I dare say many have broken social distancing rules unintentionally or not at some point. The lads an Idiot for doing it, but not going to crucify him. Many still want Jack Grealish, and hes been just as stupid.

A public apology and a sizeable donation to the NHS and we all move on. We all have made mistakes as kids, and I dare say many have broken social distancing rules unintentionally or not at some point. The lads an Idiot for doing it, but not going to crucify him. Many still want Jack Grealish, and hes been just as stupid.

Jack Grealish is actually performing in the Premier League...

This shows everything that is wrong in today's society , a young footballer earning millions just for being over hyped , couldnt care less about the situation we are living in , and has no respect for those risking their lives on the frontlines to earn a tiny fraction of what he is on !

Spot on.

@Neiler you talk about footballers being perceived or labelled as role-models, which is in turn true, but I think most people are looking at this in general terms.

We have a youngish lad (twenty odd) who lives behind us, and if he broke social-distancing procedures and had a massive party I'd think he was a bellend.

Whether Moise plays for Everton or if he's away from his home country and family etc. is irrelevant, he's a bellend for doing it; rightly, he should be reprimanded.

The footballing ability is a totally different matter, which I am undecided, but it's not unrealistic to relate success versus his overall attitude or professionalism.

I dont know mate, i think that is a bit judgmental myself - no offence intended.

He made a mistake without question, but go to any park on a sunny day and you wont have to look far for a 20 year old (or older) to be breaking social distancing rules, its a precarious age of development from a psychosocial perspective as are forming relationships both friendships, family of origin and the opposite sex, more problematic if you are away from home in a different country.

Im not condoning, im just not staggered at a 20 year old making a wrong choice during this, nor do i think he should loose a career over it or have his whole personality and life judged on it.

I dont know mate, i think that is a bit judgmental myself - no offence intended.

He made a mistake without question, but go to any park on a sunny day and you wont have to look far for a 20 year old (or older) to be breaking social distancing rules, its a precarious age of development from a psychosocial perspective as are forming relationships both friendships, family of origin and the opposite sex, more problematic if you are away from home in a different country.

Im not condoning, im just not staggered at a 20 year old making a wrong choice during this, nor do i think he should loose a career over it or have his whole personality and life judged on it.

I do question people who want people sacking for making mistakes.

OK if its something to do with massive incompetence in a dangerous way (politicians etc) but beyond that I find it a really weird character trait.

This shows everything that is wrong in today's society , a young footballer earning millions just for being over hyped , couldnt care less about the situation we are living in , and has no respect for those risking their lives on the frontlines to earn a tiny fraction of what he is on !

Are footballers really a part of society as such? I mean they are pretty well boxed off from the real world.

There are probably much better examples going on right now. People are staggeringly thick these days even though they have loads of information at their fingertips.

I do question people who want people sacking for making mistakes.

OK if its something to do with massive incompetence in a dangerous way (politicians etc) but beyond that I find it a really weird character trait.

Imagine someone following you around with a camera every weekend, then playing it for your boss on a Monday morning.

Not many of us would have a job.

I dont know mate, i think that is a bit judgmental myself - no offence intended. He made a mistake without question, but go to any park on a sunny day and you wont have to look far for a 20 year old to be breaking social distancing rules, its precarious age of development from a psychosocial perspective and forming relationships both friendships, family of origin and the opposite sex. Im not condoning, im just not staggered at a 20 year old making a wrong choice during this, nor do i think he should loose a career over it or have his whole personality and life judged on it.
No offence taken. Being entirely truthful here, I would (and do) have the same opinion of pretty much anyone who isn't maintaining the required social-distancing.

The fact that Kean, like other footballers, most probably live in large, luxurious homes with ample space and facilitates only adds weight to the argument.

I'm not advocating him losing his career or whatnot, nothing of the sort, but in this instance he's been a bellend and there should be a consequences of some sort.

Also, I personally do not think it's either unrealistic or unjust to discuss this in a wider context if it's pertinent to his development, more so if it involves the club.

@GrandOldTeam mentioned other examples and it builds a picture that isn't particularly great. He's young, he can still learn and develop, but that's up to him.

Over the years, we've all seen countless footballers who've had an abundance of ability, but not the mindset to harness it; I sincerely hope Moise isn't one of them.

In reality, all I'm really bothered about is Moise firstly being successful here or secondly we're able to recap (or improve) our investment on him - that's up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.