2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
....hope he noted that performance from Richarlison. No excuse about playing to your strengths, no excuses about being isolated. Richarlison got in a battle with 2 very physical CBs, he ran the channels, he was a threat, he never let them settle, he linked play.

I guarantee on their team bus home, those CBs will mention Richarlison.

Playing up top on your own is a great role. You lead the line, you should always be in the game, your team mates rely on you. I so want Kean to succeed but he needs to take a leaf out of Richarlison’s book.

This is Richarlisons third season in the league. Kean has amassed maybe 50 minutes. I'm sure he'll get there one day but expecting a 19 year old to live up to one of our best performers last year immediately is just daft

....I watched Richarlison at Goodison in his first season, he was terrific.

Was this in the first 50 minutes of league play whilst only coming on once the game was lost or when he was playing a full 90 for Watford every single week,before falling off into absolute obscurity in the second half of the season?

A Brazil international at a very young age. He's a superb footballer.

Kean might not ever be as good. But he could still be a success.

Far far top early for Kean to be assessed though. He has plenty of time.

...I agree, Tim, I wouldn’t write the lad off. My concern is that i’m not seeing much that gives me hope. He’s got great physicality, though. He’s got what he needs to be a success in this league. I also like Brands judgement despite this window not looking great.

I won’t make excuses for Kean, though.

I was kind of waiting to see if Vardy was named; he's awesome but to be fair, LC seem to understand how to get him the ball consistently. I can't remember the last time we had a forward (let alone a striker) perfectly run down a long pass, come in on goal, and score clinically. Ugh now I'm just getting upset again
The fella we flogged to United?

Admittedly he's not shown much yet but I think there is talent there to see albeit very raw. His physicality is obvious to see but his technique and skill has also been shown in glimpses. I would've liked to see him come on a lot earlier today because the game was tailor made for him. We were playing quick incisive football on the floor and this is the kind of football best suited to him. It's no wonder the utter tripe served up recently hasn't helped him.

Time will tell how he adapts but I think signs are there for a successful player especially with Iwobi behind him, that combination makes me excited.

....hope he noted that performance from Richarlison. No excuse about playing to your strengths, no excuses about being isolated. Richarlison got in a battle with 2 very physical CBs, he ran the channels, he was a threat, he never let them settle, he linked play.

I guarantee on their team bus home, those CBs will mention Richarlison.

Playing up top on your own is a great role. You lead the line, you should always be in the game, your team mates rely on you. I so want Kean to succeed but he needs to take a leaf out of Richarlison’s book.

wrong comparison in many level.

I remember richarlison struggled massively when playing against tight defence and slow build up play.

Today’s game plan is totally different, the way we increase the tempo benefit the entire frontline. Midfielders are passing into channel much faster and much earlier and our front 3 had acres of space.
Unfair to use a beneficial approach as a stick to beat kean. He never had a proper chance to shine in this new approach this season.

watch him flourish if Silva is smart enough to persist with today’s approach.

...I agree, Tim, I wouldn’t write the lad off. My concern is that i’m not seeing much that gives me hope. He’s got great physicality, though. He’s got what he needs to be a success in this league. I also like Brands judgement despite this window not looking great.

I won’t make excuses for Kean, though.
Great to see you won’t write him off whilst simultaneously writing him off

Cant do much when he isnt given game time.

Kean

Bernard Iwobi Richarlison

Has to be the team going forward - waste of £27 million otherwise if he's just going to get 10-15 minutes every week off the bench.

Because the answer to solve our DCL leading the line is to swap him with a 19year old, who is in his first season abroad and his first season in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.