2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet those worse teams (on paper) create better chances at a higher frequency mainly because they have a clear system, expecting strikers to score from virtually zero service is madness
Again I don’t disagree with the basis of what you’re saying, I just think we have to acknowledge that whoever we’re playing up front is also partly responsible for us breaking teams down. There’s not enough instances of us turning a centre half and getting the defence backing away, turning half decent balls into the box into chances, getting shots away by creating half a yard, and linking up with the midfield. Strikers aren’t just there to put the ball in the net from 6 yards out, and I’m not sure any of ours have caused teams enough problems this season.

Again I don’t disagree with the basis of what you’re saying, I just think we have to acknowledge that whoever we’re playing up front is also partly responsible for us breaking teams down. There’s not enough instances of us turning a centre half and getting the defence backing away, turning half decent balls into the box into chances, getting shots away by creating half a yard, and linking up with the midfield. Strikers aren’t just there to put the ball in the net from 6 yards out, and I’m not sure any of ours have caused teams enough problems this season.
Of course not but teams that utilize strikers properly don't expect them to play with their back to the goal. Hold up play blah blah blah. How about improving build-up play and getting the ball to the striker in a position for them to score. That's their job above all else.

I know it was Lincoln but we saw Kean pick up the ball 40 yards away from the goal, drive at a defender with pace before creating space for a shot and nearly scoring. That to me clearly shows a striker who’s much more than a 6 yard box poacher, and has the capability to score from “nothing” with his extensive range of attributes. The fact that Marco has favoured a much worse striker over him and made his adaptation to the PL much harder isn’t his fault

Last edited:
I know it was Lincoln but we saw Kean pick up the ball 40 yards away from the goal, drive at a defender with pace before creating space for a shot and nearly scoring. That to me clearly shows a striker who’s much more than a 6 yard box poacher, and has the capability to score from “nothing” with extensive his range of attributes. The fact that Marco has favoured a much worse striker over him and made his adaptation to England and the PL much harder isn’t his fault
And again, I simply haven’t suggested otherwise in any of my posts. He’s very talented, I’ve said it loads of times. I’m absolutely not disputing that he has huge potential. He doesn’t look ready to be a lone striker in the PL to me though, and that’s how we play. My original point was just disagreeing that nobody would score goals in this team. Some strikers would be fine playing in our current set up, unfortunately he doesn’t look like one of them.

And again, I simply haven’t suggested otherwise in any of my posts. He’s very talented, I’ve said it loads of times. I’m absolutely not disputing that he has huge potential. He doesn’t look ready to be a lone striker in the PL to me though, and that’s how we play. My original point was just disagreeing that nobody would score goals in this team. Some strikers would be fine playing in our current set up, unfortunately he doesn’t look like one of them.
a few might, but they're world class. who were you thinking of?

a few might, but they're world class. who were you thinking of?
No I’m not thinking of the world class ones, quite the opposite. I’m not talking about players being better than Kean just players who score goals regardless. Leicester fans will tell you how they played under Puel was similar to what we’re seeing, but Vardy got about 30 goals in a season and a half under him. Brighton fans will tell you hughton served up worse but Murray got 15+ for them. There are loads of players who’ve been relegated in awful teams but scored a load of goals, its not uncommon. We’re bad but we’re not quite as bad as is being made out here, we’re not creative but we do get the ball in the box, some strikers make the most of what they get and still put the ball in the net. I’m not advocating swapping, just saying - again - that the notion of us just not giving the strikers anything to work with whatsoever and being the worst attacking side in the history of the world, is a little OTT.

No I’m not thinking of the world class ones, quite the opposite. I’m not talking about players being better than Kean just players who score goals regardless. Leicester fans will tell you how they played under Puel was similar to what we’re seeing, but Vardy got about 30 goals in a season and a half under him. Brighton fans will tell you hughton served up worse but Murray got 15+ for them. There are loads of players who’ve been relegated in awful teams but scored a load of goals, its not uncommon. We’re bad but we’re not quite as bad as is being made out here, we’re not creative but we do get the ball in the box, some strikers make the most of what they get and still put the ball in the net. I’m not advocating swapping, just saying - again - that the notion of us just not giving the strikers anything to work with whatsoever and being the worst attacking side in the history of the world, is a little OTT.
I was kind of waiting to see if Vardy was named; he's awesome but to be fair, LC seem to understand how to get him the ball consistently. I can't remember the last time we had a forward (let alone a striker) perfectly run down a long pass, come in on goal, and score clinically. Ugh now I'm just getting upset again

The problem is that he would be perfect for our neighbours, who play quick transitions and vertical passes. We (apparently) play slow side-to-side with strikers attempting to move defenders around and play with their backs to goal enabling "chances" from midfield (if they ever do get around to shooting).

Status
Not open for further replies.