2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I agree, Tim, I wouldn’t write the lad off. My concern is that i’m not seeing much that gives me hope. He’s got great physicality, though. He’s got what he needs to be a success in this league. I also like Brands judgement despite this window not looking great.

I won’t make excuses for Kean, though.

Thought he did well when he came on yesterday. Held the ball up and distributed well, used his body well.

Because the answer to solve our DCL leading the line is to swap him with a 19year old, who is in his first season abroad and his first season in the prem.

It isnt ideal but Richarlison isnt a CF I thought we had all come to that conclusion last season and Tosun wont be given much of a chance.

Brands really messed up this summer - THREE seasons since Rom left and we still haven't gotten a replacement in its a shambles when most other sides outside the top 6 have atleast 1 semi decent striker at the club.

He came on for about 5 minutes, put a shift in defensively and basically did all the hard work to create a goal, and people are knocking him? Don’t quite know what to make of that to be honest.
That some of our fans are fickle and narrow minded? I suspect that it's taking him slightly longer to adapt to the English game that we (and he) will have liked.

...I agree, Tim, I wouldn’t write the lad off. My concern is that i’m not seeing much that gives me hope. He’s got great physicality, though. He’s got what he needs to be a success in this league. I also like Brands judgement despite this window not looking great.

I won’t make excuses for Kean, though.
You've not seen much because he's been playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Unless we are going to carry on playing like we did yesterday then we won't see the best of him. https://statsbomb.com/2019/07/moise-kean-player-profile/

You've not seen much because he's been playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Unless we are going to carry on playing like we did yesterday then we won't see the best of him. https://statsbomb.com/2019/07/moise-kean-player-profile/

...i’m not much of a believer in the ‘we’re not playing a system that suits him’ excuse. He was bought to play in this team, a team that plays a lone striker. It’s a brilliant position because you should be in the game all the time. Richarlison showed how to play it yesterday, Kean has the mobility, attitude and physicality to be brilliant at it. He’s got everything to terrify CBs.

He needs to start delivering and become more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.