2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, he's played 9 games worth of minutes.

He's obviously not made the impact we hoped... but he's played VERY little football for us.
This is the key point. Not only has he played 9 games worth but they've almost all come as a sub meaning he's had very few chances to settle into a game and really try and find his feet. He started 5 games and in my opinion did well in all 5. The kid is still one of our best hopes for being a part of the team in 3 years. It's just that so are Richarlison and DCL and they play his position.

This is the key point. Not only has he played 9 games worth but they've almost all come as a sub meaning he's had very few chances to settle into a game and really try and find his feet. He started 5 games and in my opinion did well in all 5. The kid is still one of our best hopes for being a part of the team in 3 years. It's just that so are Richarlison and DCL and they play his position.
he is being eased into it. This is exactly what they said they were going to do from the outset. they said he wasnt ready but people now writing him off because he hasnt been bangin ghtem in from the bench. ridiculous

I think he's the exception that proves the rule. Four good seasons of Rom, one of Yakubu and one of Beardsley. Not really much to show for 30 years. Though in Kean, DCL and Richarlison we could have an amazing front three. Hopefully we can keep hold of all of them.
Yeah, i dont disagree. Rom was a monster, but look at our options years before he came. Dark times.
Richy isnt a pure striker, but Id say he’s turning out to be a great forward for us too.

he was one of the top rated young players in world football and getting minutes at Juve.

he has just arrived to a new league and during most of this season the team and club were a mess.

His fee is not something he can control

personally think most players are at risk of having a disappointing first season when coming from another league, and if you allow for his age and how crap we were last year than anybody being fair minded would say it’s understandable he hasn’t shone.

young players need more time and patience than proven experienced buys. This is just standard football logic.

if he fails to push on he will be sold

problem is majority of footy fans are stupid and impatient
Not the majority mate.

As with most things I think you'll find it's the noisy minority

Some noise in the press today about Roma taking him off our hands.

For a similar price that we paid? Would anyone not accept ?

Not a chance, the story comes from the Daily Heil claiming he’s unsettled despite the fact he stated only a couple of days ago on social media he was happy at the club when asked

Would do a straight swap for Milan's top young GK with Pickford sold to some club desperate for Englands No 1 for £30-40 million.

Reinvest that dough in someone like Belotti to give us some experience and quality up top.

Would do a straight swap for Milan's top young GK with Pickford sold to some club desperate for Englands No 1 for £30-40 million.

Reinvest that dough in someone like Belotti to give us some experience and quality up top.

Why is your first thought atm about how we can offload one of our young players trying to make his way in the game?

It really doesn't matter right now. And the kid deserves a shot here.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.