2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally hit one good drive every time I play golf. I’m capable, but I’m not good enough to produce it consistently. Why in football do people think that because a player does something good sporadically, that we should wait for that consistency, “because we know that he can produce better”. Good, great players are measured by a base level that is good enough. I just don’t think that this fella is good enough.
Because he needs to adapt to the league, he's young and should get better. He has shown glimpses of what his capable of. He might not turn out a superstar but he clearly has something, which with a little bit of patience, he will hopefully develop with us. How do people write someone off after such a short period of time? If he doesn't come in and score 20 goals he's no good? Give the lad a chance. He's a kid in a foreign country. We have bought him for his potential not because he's the finished article.

Because he’s young and can get better. Like every young player does regardless of ability. Are you new to football or something?
The idea that our employer would tell us that we are off to ply our trade in any one of half a dozen countries at short notice,where we'd have to learn a new language, assimilate a new culture but would be expected to produce 100% from day one is an odd one.
he was one of the top rated young players in world football and getting minutes at Juve.

he has just arrived to a new league and during most of this season the team and club were a mess.

His fee is not something he can control

personally think most players are at risk of having a disappointing first season when coming from another league, and if you allow for his age and how crap we were last year than anybody being fair minded would say it’s understandable he hasn’t shone.

young players need more time and patience than proven experienced buys. This is just standard football logic.

if he fails to push on he will be sold

problem is majority of footy fans are stupid and impatient
So did everyone, honestly, when we signed him, expect to have had as little game time and impact as he has done? Where you saying that then? I’m guessing that seeing as he was rated “as one of the top young players in world football” then you’d have probably expected him to get in a below average side in the premier league that had been struggling all season. I’m all for giving players time and let’s see how he is next season, but I just think he wants too much time on the ball and his first touch, decision making, needs to vastly improve. We are Everton fans, we we are subconsciously bias. But I’m friends with many fans of other teams as you’d imagine in Oz. And none of them would take moise kean for 35 mill right now

So did everyone, honestly, when we signed him, expect to have had as little game time and impact as he has done? Where you saying that then? I’m guessing that seeing as he was rated “as one of the top young players in world football” then you’d have probably expected him to get in a below average side in the premier league that had been struggling all season. I’m all for giving players time and let’s see how he is next season, but I just think he wants too much time on the ball and his first touch, decision making, needs to vastly improve. We are Everton fans, we we are subconsciously bias. But I’m friends with many fans of other teams as you’d imagine in Oz. And none of them would take moise kean for 35 mill right now
Yeah but I judge players on more than one season, don’t believe that they have some innate video game style overall rating and am more than happy to wait for players to improve.

I’m also not surprised he’s had little game time and has had little impact because it’s not exactly the least likely thing that has ever happened is it? Young player takes time to adapt to new league and is blooded in slowly...shocking.

Some fans need to get this weird notion that you can buy a promising young player and just stick them in the team and they’ll instantly be world class out of their heads.

Given the inconsistent playing time, change in management and general incompetence of the attack for stretches, he did well this season. He hasn't stopped being one of the best young strikers in the world based off 700 minutes or whatever. We need to have some patience and try and find a way to get him on the field more next season.

my hopes and expectations at the start of the season don’t change my rational view of his season up to now

Given the inconsistent playing time, change in management and general incompetence of the attack for stretches, he did well this season. He hasn't stopped being one of the best young strikers in the world based off 700 minutes or whatever. We need to have some patience and try and find a way to get him on the field more next season.
One of the best young strikers in the world would be comfortable getting into our team. I take the other points and yes it must be difficult for him getting minutes here and there. I’m happy to give him more time, but we need to stop with this notion of him being one of the top young strikers in Europe. Unless you’re seeing a different player to me

De bruyne couldn't get a game at Chelsea...
Lukaku couldn't get a game at Chelsea
Salah couldn't get a game at Chelsea.
Pirlo flopped at inter
Coutinho flopped at inter
The list goes on.......
If he's not shown any improvement in two full season time then maybe he might not have it, but untill then give the lad time....
One thing this virus will do is give him time to learn the language and get to know the squad better

De bruyne couldn't get a game at Chelsea...
Lukaku couldn't get a game at Chelsea
Salah couldn't get a game at Chelsea.
Pirlo flopped at inter
Coutinho flopped at inter
The list goes on.......
If he's not shown any improvement in two full season time then maybe he might not have it, but untill then give the lad time....
One thing this virus will do is give him time to learn the language and get to know the squad better
I hope not!

I’m excited to see what he can do next year, if his touch and reading of the game improves he should at the very least turn out to be a decent enough pacey option

Lots of players are effective without having the ball glued to their feet,if you are looking for a reason why he hasn't been as effective as we'd like it's ...Silva. Having a clueless manager never improved any player.

Status
Not open for further replies.